Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding sales opportunity? Stop your search! PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, experienced sales representative to accelerate our growth in the Life Science industry. We have a strong portfolio in cellular imaging and we are looking to leverage that momentum to drive the expansion of our product line in the Central territory which includes Texas to Ontario, Canada.
What we provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The PerkinElmer Cellular Imaging and Analysis team is one of the fastest growing teams within our organization. We offer cutting edge solutions for automated microscopy and data analytics. Our instrumentation is represented globally by over 3,000 peer reviewed publications. The sales team works closely with an integrated Field Applications Support team who helps to optimize the research scope and vision for our customers. We seek a motivated, independent, and entrepreneurial minded individual to leverage the existing momentum to further drive expansion of our imaging portfolio in the Mid-West.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales goals assigned to the territory.
- Development, implementation and execution of strategic business plan specific to the territory.
- Develop a strong, working technical knowledge of entire Imaging product portfolio, scientific applications involved and end markets.
- Grow the Cellular Imaging business in accordance with strategic business goals.
- Assess and actively communicate Revenue Recognition to minimize the sales cycle timeline.
- Demonstrate customer commitment through regular customer follow-up, timely complaint resolution and by acting as Voice of Customer (VOC) as appropriate.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- BS in a Life Science discipline
- 2-4yrs Technical sales experience in Life Sciences (microscopy, high content cellular imaging disciplines).
- 2-4yrs Experience in selling directly to Life Science Laboratories, Academic Institutions, Pharma and Biotech
- 1-2yrs experience in sales meeting presentations
- 1-2yrs experience in sales meeting negotiations and contract negotiations
Preferred Qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities
- MS, PhD and/or MBA in a scientific discipline or equivalent are preferred.
- 4yrs+ Technical sales experience in Life Sciences (microscopy, high content cellular imaging disciplines).
- Knowledge of broad range of cellular and functional scientific applications and imaging instrumentation.
- Experience in selling directly to Life Science Laboratories, Academic Institutions, Pharma and Biotech
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Willingness for 40% overnight travel.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.