This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Perform all required duties in assigned territory in accordance with the expectations indicated in the GSK Selling Ways, promoting aligned GSK products within the Respiratory selling team.
- Provide Scientific Knowledge, Business Acumen, and Customer Engagement expertise to specialist and primary care customers in support of the GSK Ellipta portfolio.
- Maintain knowledge and data, which are constantly changing, with respect to Respiratory (COPD-Asthma) therapeutic expertise .
- Meet or exceed established expectations for account / call activity and time in territory.
- Proactively decide on activities, educational programs as well as HQ-approved resources needed to effectively pull through the identified sales opportunities with targeted customers and other key stakeholders in territory/accounts.
- Analyze sales information and recommend actions to maximize opportunities aligned to brand strategy.
- Create customer value, demand and advocacy for GSK brands.
- Build and maintain relationships with decision makers in account to execute business unit/brand strategy. (i.e., Physicians, nurses, PAs, business/office managers).
- Utilize internal GSK stakeholders/matrix partners to educate customers and build relationships.
- Identify and recommend solutions or refer to matrix partners (as appropriate) for product-related issues that arise in the accounts (e.g. side effect understanding and management, reimbursement issues, distribution issues).
- Successfully Complete all required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes.
- Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and individual expectations
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 4 Year BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
- Valid Driver’s License
- The selected candidate will be hired in at the appropriate level dependent upon their experience.
- Sales Specialist: 5 or more years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Senior Sales Specialist: 9 or more years of pharmaceutical sales experience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of institutional, IDN, or large account pharma, biotech or device sales experience
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization and collaborate with colleagues across the enterprises to execute against plans and deliver value to customers.
- Demonstrated high-level selling skills, including account based selling, strategic thinking, drive results, and the ability to ask for the business.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated delivery networks or complex large accounts with a proven track record of successfully navigating these type of accounts
- Comprehensive understanding of national, regional and local managed markets or payer impact within large accounts
- Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and support customers throughout the selling process.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal influencing and leadership skills
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of the local healthcare marketplace and key trends.
- Demonstrated competency in science, business acumen, and customer engagement
- Demonstrated knowledge GSK promotional strategies and objectives in a way that meets customer needs
- Demonstrate the ability to provide value to each targeted account through proper blending of science & service based upon each account’s individual needs
- Ability to support and contribute to a values based organization focused on addressing the needs of customers and patients in a healthcare environment.
- Utilize customer focused selling techniques to develop and maintain customer insight and customer knowledge of GSK medicines
- Develop and deliver informative product presentations, based upon customer needs. .
- Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices and values in support of our customers, patients and fellow employees
- Prefer established relationship within key accounts in geography
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.