Sales Specialist- Prenatal
This position will manage a territory and target clinical laboratories, physician groups, hospitals, and health systems. The position reports to the Manager of Clinical Sales for North America and will be:
- Responsible for driving Vanadis Sales – delivers revenue target for assigned territory
- Formulate long-term business growth strategy for the territory and define milestones to measure success
- Proactively identify new business opportunities for Vanadis and partner with respective sales leaders to convert these opportunities into revenue
- Opportunistically promote and sell adjacent products and services such as preeclampsia and prenatal biochemical screens
- Develop and foster close relationships with key opinion leaders (KOL) in the territory
- Ability and willingness to “roll-up sleeves” to get things done in a team environment
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial candidate who can work remotely and independently
- Close interactions with customers to differentiate product features
- Work with sales and marketing to produce leads through attending local meetings as well as proactive outbound marketing
- Negotiate agreements, provision customer training, and product assimilation support
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 + years’ experience selling in the hospital and/or clinical laboratory space
- 2-3 years’ experience selling prenatal testing solutions
- In-depth knowledge of US prenatal diagnostic testing space
- In-depth knowledge of physician office workflow
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory specimen logistics
- Ability to travel 25% of time and work weekends occasionally
- Experience reading and understanding peer-reviewed articles
- Significant prior experience in Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)
- Understands the customer and required compliance regulations for our products and processes
- Experience working successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results
- Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels
- Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage – is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills are essential
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.