We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to be part of our clients’ commercial team. This role will specialize in sales and support of our Discovery Reagents products and services. The candidate should understand customer needs in the drug discovery process and in therapeutic area research.
We are looking for a team player with a passion to win. The territory for this position is the East Cambridge (Binney street, Kendall square).
The Discovery Reagents Team
The Discovery Reagents team services the Pharmaceutical, Academic, Biotechnology, and CRO end markets. Solutions include Alpha, Cisbio HTRF, LANCE TR-FRET, and DELFIA. A wide array of microplates, Lites Luciferase reagents, and Western Lightning Western Blot reagents.
- Complete Territory Management: Manage all business activity for the assigned products and services in the assigned territory.
- Business Reviews with the Regional Manager.
- Ability to plan and maintain an accurate territory forecast.
- Build long-term relationships with customers, including key opinion leaders.
- Make existing and new customers aware of product initiatives.
- Organize and promote events at customer sites to market products and services.
- Participate in tradeshows/exhibitions/conferences.
- Build long-term account strategies to grow business within the territory.
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements.
- Work with other sales teams and business functions to promote PerkinElmer solutions.
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship
- BS in the life sciences is required (PhD is preferred)
- 2-5 years of prior sales experience or an equivalent alternative experience may include Field Applications, Project/Product management, Marketing, or other functions in the Life Science Market
- 3+ years in a laboratory setting performing drug discovery research, HTS, immunoassays and assay development is preferred.
- Experience with PerkinElmer and/or Cisbio reagents is preferred.
- Should have strong communication skills, including writing emails (internal/external), effective communication in person and on the phone.
- Capacity to effectively provide consultation.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and with a variety of business functions.
- Passion to stay current with new technologies and applications in the life science market is essential.
Overnight travel for conferences, required training and sales meetings (about 5% travel).
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.