Scientific Advisor/Support Specialist
- Provide scientific support by phone, email and webchat to customers requesting product guidance and/or help troubleshooting experiments
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our dynamic portfolio of products, solutions, and services
- Effectively communicate (both written and oral) internally and with interdepartmental teams
- Understand product applications, challenges and strategies for good experimental design
- Work with customer service, R&D and product management as part of troubleshooting activities
- Support local and international field-based teams by answering scientific inquiries
- Continually strive to improve soft skills to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Assist in the preparation and review of technical documents and web content for new and existing products
- As a front-line representative of the company, this position will influence customer allegiance, so professionalism and courtesy are required at all times
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences; Or
- MS degree in Biological Sciences and 1-2 years of experience in standard molecular and cellular biology techniques and procedures (including but not limited to qPCR, PCR, cloning, and transfection/transduction)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills required
- Attention to details essential
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong self-motivation and focus
- Experience with gene editing and/or RNAi
- Previous technical or customer support experience
- Experience using a CRM
$65,000 – 75,000
This represents a reasonable estimate at the time of posting. Final compensation will be based on a variety of factors, including relevant experience, knowledge/education, skills/abilities, internal equity, and budgetary considerations.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – healthcare and dependent care
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.