The role will be based on-site, at a customer in the pharmaceutical industry, in Upper Providence, PA. The Technical Laboratory Services Leader is responsible for the management of the Technical Lab Services (TLS) team. This leadership role is designed to provide supervisory support as well as drive process improvements and growth within the customer’s organization.
- Lead the TLS team to ensure the delivery of uninterrupted service to the customers in the lab. To accomplish this, the individual must drive operational excellence by strategically managing resources as well as identifying areas of improvement.
- Act as first-line supervisor to team members and provide coaching, performance review, and other administrative functions. The leader will also interface with key customer contacts to ensure KPIs are being hit and customer satisfaction is at a high-level.
- Identify areas of growth within the existing customer program and support outside activities to promote the overall expansion of the program as needed.
- Provide support and basic oversight for other customer sites which may include some regional travel.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for all TLS activities.
- To work with Customer and PerkinElmer staff to ensure quality and compliance within the laboratory.
- To work in collaboration with Customer line safety reps to ensure a high level of safety is maintained in the lab.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders (lab staff, service providers, management) to identify, review and resolve issues in a timely manner and/or escalate as necessary.
- To Coordinate periodic review of Service Level Agreement contracted tasks with all relevant groups (i.e. Customer lines, Technical Laboratory Services and management).
- Responsible for the coordination of training.
- Attend floor/building oversight meetings.
- Facilitate weekly team lead meetings/daily huddles.
- Participate in the interview panel for all new hires.
- Perform other reasonable duties as deemed necessary.
- To provide a general induction/orientation for new members of staff and visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Experience working in a research laboratory environment is a must, with experience within the pharmaceutical industry as highly preferred.
- Expertise in Analytical and/or Preparative Purification techniques is a plus.
- Ability to improve processes.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines.
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking.
- Ability to travel regionally on occasion; <10%
- Knowledge of 5S principles.
- Working understanding of GLP/GxP.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of databases and ordering systems.
- Knowledge of chemicals and safe handling.
- Aptitude for technical and practical matters.
- Experience of working in a compliance driven environment.
- Strong team player with experience in a high-quality customer service operation.
- Able to complete relevant paperwork according to principles of Good Documentation Practice.
The overall physical exertion of this position requires:
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.