Available locations: Waltham, MA; or Upper Providence, PA.
- Delivers liquid nitrogen dewars, cylinders and packaged gases and related articles.
- Fills liquid nitrogen dewars using the bulk liquid nitrogen filling stations; following procedural steps and safety rules during filling and transport.
- Monitors and records levels and pressures of the bulk liquid nitrogen, bulk liquid carbon dioxide, micro-bulk liquid nitrogen and micro-bulk liquid oxygen systems.
- Notifies supervisor and/or manager when deficiencies are noted.
- Files and maintains delivery documentation
- Initiate repairs to bulk tanks as needed by placing work orders.
- Delivery of compressed gas cylinders per customer requests; supports customers on gas equipment as needed.
- Maintains housekeeping and inventory levels of liquid nitrogen bulk filling areas and gas storage areas.
- Communicate and coordinate maintenance and service work for equipment
- ·Serve as the liaison for scientists & assists with completion of customer service form.
- Participate in audits and inspections and provide input, as requested.
- Daily checks of group mailbox for vendor service conducted on bulk tanks
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without further sponsorship.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Laboratory customer service experience preferred
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment after training (includes hands on ability to use equipment and proper filing of gas documentation)
The overall physical exertion of this position requires:
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.