Scientist - Diagnostics Product Development
BioLegend is seeking a highly motivated Product Development Scientist to join our Diagnostic Product Development Team. This position will actively participate in the development of flow cytometry reagents for diagnostic use. The responsibilities include: design and perform experiments, analyze and report results, troubleshoot, manage and maintain documentation. In addition, this position will be responsible to manage projects, communicate with other departments, and provide guidance to junior team members.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive the development of flow cytometry reagents for diagnostic use
- Mange project progress and communicate with other departments.
- Prepare and handle biological samples (human blood, animal tissues, and mammalian cell lines)
- Perform Flow Cytometry experiments, Cell Biology experiments, and/or other experiments, as projects require
- Analyze results and maintain clear and accurate documentations following ISO requirements
- Provide guidance to junior team members
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in a Life Sciences-related field
- Strong flow cytometric (surface and intracellular) staining and data analysis skill
- independent project management experiences
- Highly organized with attention to detail in documentation
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.