- Manufacture custom oligonucleotides for our customers using established protocols.
- Prioritize workload to meet customer need and new product launches.
- Accurately and effectively complete basic equipment tasks including, but not limited to, reagent filling, synthesizer set-up and operation of several different synthesis platforms, synthesizer maintenance, laboratory clean-up, and planning based on priorities.
- Collect requested data and communicate them to the Supervisor.
- Conduct quality control testing using HPLC, LCMS, UV-VIS spectroscopy, and as needed for determining synthesizer success and failure rate.
- Ability to review analytical data to determine quality of oligonucleotides.
- Cross-train to ensure the capability to complete the primary tasks in each of the Custom Manufacturing laboratories, including, but not limited to, Custom Oligonucleotide Synthesis, Quality Control, Post Synthetic Processing.
- Maintain proper lab maintenance and upkeep per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and 5S standards.
- Maintain proper inventory for custom amidites and modifications and work closely with the Chemistry team to determine needs and usage.
- Comply with all EH&S regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s in Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) or a closely related field, required
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment
- 1-3 years relevant laboratory experience
Desirable Competencies & Requirements
- Expanded understanding with laboratory standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Strong knowledge of oligonucleotide chemistries, modifications and methodologies.
- Ability to learn, troubleshoot, and operate specialized laboratory equipment, computers, and instrumentation software
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced analytical skills using Microsoft Excel, with proficient data entry and typing skills
- Professional and clear communication skills, both written and verbal, teamwork is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the talent for teamwork
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to regularly move items weighing 30-60 pounds, with or without accommodation
The salary range for this role is $60,000 – $70,00. This is the good faith range we believe is possible compensation for this role at the time of posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.