Scientist - Immunoassay LPX (Exosome)
This position is responsible for carrying out the immunoassay and other related product development and production transfer to manufacturing in the Biomarker Immunoassay group. The Research Scientist will carry out independent product development projects and will be driving all aspects of the product development process including idea proposal, product design, planning, initiating, execution of the development, product transfer and launch. He or she will also be trained to support manufacturing, QC, sales and marketing as well. Strong immunology and/or cancer related research experience is preferred. Experience with exosome related research and/or product development experience is a plus. Good organization, planning and critical thinking skills are required. This is a great opportunity for learning and growth in a fast growing biotech company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Handle multiple development projects to ensure on time launching of high quality products.
- Work independently or supervise associates to execute the following development tasks: evaluated antibodies and proteins and screening antibody pairs.
- Optimize assay conditions, troubleshooting and design relative biological experiments to validate the utility of the new products.
- Isolate PBMC and other cells and set up cell culture with stimulation to generate valuable biological samples for product validation. Setup a biological sample bank.
- Explore exosome related product development ideas and launch products.
- Document development activity and production records following SOPs and design plans. Develop new products under ISO 13485:2016
- Work with manufacture and QC group to ensure proper production transfer and QC
- Support manufacturing and QC, assist in trouble-shooting and raw material qualification
- Assist with customer support by performing trouble-shooting experiments when needed.
- Draft new SOPs and manuals and ensure these are up to date..
- Propose new leads and initiate new in house development projects. Contribute to scientific discussions and collaborations.
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- PhD in biology with at least one year of postgraduate research experience in immunology or cancer related fields is required.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- One year or more hands-on experience in an assay development setting in industry is preferred.
- Must have good organization and critical thinking skills.
- Candidate with Exosome related research and/or product development experience is strongly encouraged to apply
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.