An integral member of the Finance Team, the Segment Sr Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the business managers and leaders, and their teams, by providing timely, relevant and accurate reporting and analysis of PerkinElmer’s financial performance. This individual reports to the Director of Finance and plays a key role in assisting senior Business leadership while partnering across the organization.
The successful candidate will improve overall visibility of business drivers and insights, serving as a catalyst for informed decision making by leveraging highly efficient systems integration and proactive analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate insightful and proactive use of financial analysis techniques, tools, systems and concepts enabling strategic partnering to senior/business Sales and Service Product leaders in order to drive business results.
- Support key processes related to PerkinElmer’s Annual Operating Plan (Budget) and Strategic Long Range Planning (SGS)
- Partner with business leaders and Director of Finance to direct commercial a activity for sales manufacturing and operational expenses service in EMEAI and APAC
- In collaboration with the Finance Leadership and key stakeholders, streamline and standardize financial reporting, planning and analysis, fully leverage financial systems and create meaningful KPIs to track business performance.
- Deliver monthly and quarterly management reporting package and relevant financial analysis while identifying variances versus plan. Identify and analyze current and past trends, and develop key performance indicators.
- Assist in managing, assessing and reporting free cash flow via sales/service inventory levels, AR terms and collections, and bad debt reductions
- Ensure the integrity and consistency of financial data across the various financial reporting systems and processes.
- Develop and continuously optimize processes, systems and tools for reporting and analyzing key business drivers.
- Perform timely and accurate consolidation and reporting of actual results, as well as short and long-term forecasts. Coordinate monthly and quarterly financial close and reporting with Accounting.
- Build strong collaborations with Accounting, Operations and functional leaders.
- Provide strategic support to finance leadership team, including but not limited to, preparation of Board presentations, financial presentations, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years of related business experience
- 5+ years’ experience in financial systems (Hyperion, SAP).
- Proven interpersonal and team skills. Effectively communicates, influences, and engages all levels of the organization.
- Allocates time and resources efficiently, able to adapt to shifting priorities; meets challenging deadlines.
- Strategic thinker; strong bias for action and results, always driving towards simplification & transparency.
- Must be open-minded, team-oriented, collaborative, positive, with a strong passion for the business.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple work streams while remaining calm and effective under pressure.
- Demonstrated quantitative analytical and accounting skills required.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.