The Sr. Account Director is responsible for the overall leadership of a specified client relationships/businesses including the development of strategic plans, overseeing the execution of plans and program elements, and financial management.
- The Sr. Account/Director is expected to lead the business, from the highest level of strategic planning to the execution and implementation of those marketing plans.
- The Sr. Account/Director strives to add value to the client’s business, working through the Publicis Groupe Agency of Record (AOR)thereby making himself/herself an invaluable member/partner of the client’s business team.
- The Sr. Account/Director is responsible for profitably building the business on which he/she works, by identifying new project and business opportunities.
The responsibilities for the Sr. Account Director fall into the following categories:
- Collaboration and Consultation
- Know your client/agency. Work collaboratively with them and their Publicis agencies to ensure the best strategies and integrated plans possible.
- Lead your client. Constantly educate your client in the areas of Loyalty, CRM, digital consumer experience and data-driven marketing. Provide a point of view and recommendation on a plan/course of action. Be a go-to source for advice and counsel.
- Extend your client relationships. Understand the core competencies to cross sell and expand Epsilon’s sphere of influence within the client organization.
- Connective tissue. Support agency in aligning Epsilon growth initiatives with overall Publicis Power of One value proposition.
- Account Leadership
- Develop annual account plans for all assigned accounts
- Formulate account specific service tactics, utilizing team orientation in support of the account plan
- Direct the cross-functional team’s effort
- Ensure service levels and tactics are keeping with strategic goals
- Monitor and direct expansion of management relationships with the client and the agency
- Develop the account relationships for long-term association
- Develop relationship with the agency leadership and drive thought leadership for Epsilon product and services opportunities.
- Service accounts personally and directly, updating and including the Sr leaders when appropriate
- Acquire client assignments. Define, clarify and focus direction.
- Understand when to pull in other cross-functional experts and guide their contribution, leveraging your knowledge of the client’s business
- Lead the development of any long-term account or related industry strategy
- Add value, expertise and knowledge
- Look to develop client relationships at the senior level working with Agency teams
- Proactively grow client business
- Project Direction
- Develop, investigate and initiate project opportunities
- Guide cross-functional team to ensure flawless execution of, tech platform utilization (discovery and prospect), data-enablement projects and CRM plans
- Communicate the client request to the appropriate internal teams and individuals. Develop a close and effective working relationship with the Platform, Strategy and Campaign Execution teams.
- Define and communicate timing and budget
- Ensure high levels of accuracy across all aspects of the business
- Shape and manage client direction where needed, ensuring the internal team and agency has a clear understanding of deliverables and is set up for success
- Follow-up and where needed, act directly to ensure client satisfaction
- Provide continuous contact communication with the client, across appropriate levels, as well as with internal management
- Evaluate product quality on an ongoing basis and collaborate with the team to recommend actions to address gaps
- Financial Management
- Responsible for the financial contributions of assigned clients business including revenue, resource allocation/expenses, invoicing, collecting bad debt, margin improvement, contract negotiations/development
- Identify, align, and track performance of Epsilon programs tied to client KPIs
- Deliver on preset gross profit objectives
- Coordinate project estimates internally and gain client approval on pricing
- Manage internal project costs against budgets
Successful Sr. Account Directors set the standards in these areas:
- Strategic Thinking – Provide a thorough knowledge of strategic dynamics across multiple business categories and situations so as to represent solid thought leadership to clients. The Account Director/Sr. provides insights and strategic direction for individual teams, giving parameters from which to approach assignments and develop strategic plans and a point of view/recommendations, using analytic skills and all available data tools. The Account Director Sr. fosters the organization’s point-of-difference as leaders in strategic thinking and out-of-the-box problem solving in relation to the industry and client’s expectations.
- Idea Champion – Lead the new idea development component within the group and champion ideas, approaches and opportunities both internally and with clients and agency. The Account Director/ Sr. needs to challenge the team to think differently about their respective businesses and can work with the team to identify, cultivate and fully develop sound ideas that can help nurture or grow client relationships by meeting/exceeding client’s expectations.
- Team Leaders – Bring resources together to collectively work against a client’s business objective. They must be strong team builders who foster camaraderie in a positive, nurturing environment. The Senior Account Director coaches, mentors and teaches as they demonstrate the ability to grow businesses, careers and the organization’s bottom line.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of six years of strong CRM/Loyalty and Data-driven Marketing Martech Platform experience
- Demonstrate understanding of the essentials of digital media and marketing including prior experience in email/SMS, campaign planning and management, consumer database and data enablement, consumer experience/journey design, mobile app engagement and DMP (data management platform) or data-driven media experience.
- The ability to drive and/or assist in the steps necessary to get various programs launched. Possess strong strategic planning, project management, communication and executional skills.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills
- The ability to drive and/or assist in the steps necessary to get various strategies implemented
- The ability to interface and communicate with the client, building a relationship based in trust and respect and becoming a trusted advisor for your client
- The ability to meet or exceed client expectations in the area of account management, industry/category/brand knowledge with a good understanding of industry channels and market conditions
- Should have high standards, a strong work ethic and be able to function autonomously, while retaining team membership and spirit.
- Detail-oriented, yet with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Thorough and accurate communication ability
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.