Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Senior Analytics Consultant (Sr. AC) in PerkinElmer Informatics (PKI) will be responsible for designing research screening assay analytical solutions built in TIBCO Spotfire and PKI’s Signals Research Suites for delivery to external customers.
The Sr. AC will take on project roles as Business Analyst and Project Lead to gather requirements from customers, work with PKI developers to configure Signals screening workflows, and support project managers to manage project scopes.
The Sr. AC is required to have strong domain knowledge in research screening assay and processes for drug discovery. The Sr. AC is also required to have advanced technical skills in TIBCO Spotfire or other visual analytical tools in order to translate business requirements into optimal technical design specifications. The Sr. AC will report to the Research Analytics Team Lead and expected to work on multiple customer projects in parallel.
- Attend project daily scrum calls with customers to provide project updates and demonstrate development progress as needed.
- Meet with PKI internal project team members to drive proper design of solution and configure Signals analytical workflows.
- Frequent discussion and evaluation with project managers to ensure project scopes stay within budget.
- Communicate with customer Subject Matter Expert (SME) to clarify requirements and use cases.
- Facilitate voice of customer to Signals Research Suites Product Manager to resolve product issues.
- Work with PKI Customer Success Manager to ensure project health, analyze bottleneck and lift project roadblocks.
- Help project team members to prioritize workload in an agile development cycle environment.
- Work with customer leads and SME to drive adoption of deployed Signals workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or Bioinformatics
- 3 + years of experience delivery informatics solutions to scientific industry in drug discovery, life science, or related fields
- Up to 3 years of experience with visual analytical tools such as TIBCO Spotfire, Tableau, or Microsoft Power BI
- Agile Sprint Cycle development experience
- Domain knowledge in research screening plate-based assays such as dose-response, ELISA, and kinetic assay
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.