Epsilon is a leading provider of multi-channel marketing services, technologies and database solutions. Epsilon is seeking a Senior Big Data Administrator with a balance of skills in design, physical implementation and performance tuning to work out of our Dallas, Texas location supporting Data Warehouse and Big Data environments running on premise or on external cloud services providers for Database Marketing clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, configure, and manage Big Data implementations on premises and in the cloud (e.g., Cloudera, OpenSource Hadoop)
- Support cloud and On-Prem servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Setup authentication for Hadoop services, includes setting up Kerberos principals and integrated with Active Directory
- Setup Role based authentication using sentry and Ranger services
- Implement data protection using HDFS encryption at rest with KMS services
- Setting up High Availability configuration for Hadoop services
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Spark/Impala services
- Troubleshoot Python/Scala programs and provide feedback to data science engineers
- Plan and perform Hadoop cluster upgrades
- Monitor and report on performance metrics, system health, and logging compliance on Cloud
- Perform database administration tasks including backup and recovery, troubleshooting, performance tuning and SQL optimization
- Work closely with IT, developers and competency teams to ensure that applications availability and performance are within agreed on service levels
- Interact with vendor support to ensure open issues are resolved within defined SLA
- Manage data replication, backup snapshot, backup storage and archiving procedures
- Evaluate new database technologies and products and recommend to technical management
- Provide 24 x 7 x 365 support through on-call rotation
- Experience with Cloudera or Hortonworks distribution
- 5 years hand-on experience on Cloud platforms – AWS or Azure
- Experience in large project implementation using: AWS EC2, S3.
- Experience in big data client tool – Squirrel, dB visualizer
- Experience in DataBricks cloud solutions
- Experience of Cloudera CDP public cloud implementation
- 4-6 years of experience in general database administration
- At least 3 years of experience managing and maintaining Hadoop is a requirement
- Knowledge of cloud and database technologies is a plus (e.g. AWS/Azure services, Oracle, SQL Server, etc)
- Understanding of Data Warehousing MPP architecture, technologies and concepts
- Ability to diagnose problems and resolve issues across various tiers (application, database, network and appliance)
- Strong Unix/Linux and shell scripting
- Proficiency in backup and recovery methodologies and techniques
- Adherence to SDLC, Change Management, troubleshooting and development methodologies
- Ability to perform work with minimal supervisory direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience required. AWS certification is a plus.
– Cluster Administration
– OpenSource Hadoop
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.