Senior Business Systems Analyst (Remote)
Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
Job Summary: The Senior Business Systems Analyst is an emerging leader on semi-complex individual projects for multiple clients or multiple projects for individual clients. Typical client assignment would be on tier 1 or tier 2 clients, across verticals. With minimal instruction and guidance, works on projects where analysis of business processes, requirements and/or data is required. The Senior Business Systems Analyst analyzes business processes, requirements and data from various sources and utilizes this information to develop and document requirements for projects. Exercises judgment with standard practices, processes and procedures to determine appropriate action. Develops strong internal/external working relationships. Strong familiarity with the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and ability to apply SDLC concepts to their own work. May include project management for small projects.
The Senior BSA is responsible for:
- Leads requirements gathering sessions with end users and stakeholders.
- Design appropriate solutions that solve client requirements.
- Documenting requirements based on the requirements gathering sessions and aligned to the business needs.
- Documenting test plans and test cases and executing the test plans and test cases.
- Supporting and troubleshooting solutions once those solutions are implemented in a production environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes semi-complex business problems, needs and requirements and translates those into written system and functional specifications.
- Works with developers and system architects to design and document the details of automated systems and processes.
- Provides details to developers regarding what should be included in the software, application, or product to ensure it is included in the implementation.
- Configures system settings and options.
- Develops and documents test plans and test cases.
- Executes quality assurance, functional, system integration and end to end testing; coordinates and facilitates user acceptance testing with the end user.
- Provides production support for solutions that are in production.
- May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
- May participate in cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with the end client, Client Services, client vendors and internal technology teams. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions and databases.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Leads client solution/requirements gathering sessions.
- Able to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select an appropriate course of action.
- Able to independently assemble, analyze and evaluate information, data and other supporting inputs and be able to make logical recommendations and decisions based on those inputs.
- Able to clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications (overall project scope, business and system requirements).
- Able to properly interpret customer needs/requirements, provide guidance to the client based on those needs, and translate into understandable written requirements.
- Able to create new requirement related documentation and update existing requirement related documentation.
- Able to identify, quantify and articulate changes to scope.
- Able to effectively serve as a liaison between client teams and internal technical teams.
- Able to develop, document and execute test cases/plans.
- Able to articulate and document test results and defects.
- Able to lead, facilitate and coordinate user acceptance testing with the end client.
- Able to manage platform intakes.
- Able to manage small projects.
- Able to define and document production support processes and procedures for custom solutions.
- Able to direct junior BSAs and offshore production support staff.
- Requires 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong familiarity of the software development lifecycle.
- Able to apply the concepts of the software development lifecycle to their own work and enforce the concepts within their assigned project team.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Basic SQL skills and ability.
- Able to clearly present data and analysis to internal project teams and translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Able to serve as a liaison between client teams and internal technical teams.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.