ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn’t just somewhere to work – it’s a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
ViiV Healthcare was created as a joint venture by Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline in November 2009 with both companies transferring their HIV assets to the new company. In 2012 Shionogi joined the company. 76.5% of the company is now owned by GlaxoSmithKline, 13.5% by Pfizer and 10% by Shionogi.
In this role, the Senior Counsel, ViiV Healthcare will be accountable for (1) delivering clear guidance to stakeholders across the North America team regarding laws and regulations relevant to market access considerations, patient support programs, and the sales and marketing of ViiV products as well as; (2) partnering with the North America commercial team to deliver its business objectives in a compliant manner; and (3) working with senior legal and business leaders to build trust through influencing the right behaviors, driving the right accountability and fostering the right leadership.
- Serve as the legal representative for drug pricing governance, market access considerations, and patient support programs.
- Serve as the legal representative counselling policy and government affair teams on issues relevant to patients living with HIV.
- Serve as the legal representative for one or more products evaluating proposed sales and marketing tactics to ensure compliance with FDA laws, regulations, and formal and informal guidance, industry codes (e.g. PhRMA Codes), other state and federal laws, regulations and guidance (e.g. HIPAA, CAN-SPAM, anti-kickback, antitrust, Lanham Act) and product liability laws.
- Serve as the legal subject matter expert for one or more areas of interest relevant to the marketing, promotion and sale of pharmaceuticals.
- Serve as the legal representative for one or more commercial support groups.
- Significant experience in US legal and industry code requirements relevant to: pharmaceutical promotion and advertising; market considerations; and patient support programs.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills supporting matrix teams to solve unanticipated problems
- Possess strong analytical skills to support teams delivering under tight timelines
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to counsel senior leaders
- Prior experience counselling clients in the area of antikickback and privacy laws
- Prior experience counselling pharmaceutical product sales teams
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.