Epsilon is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our Analytics Consulting Group. We partner with both internal and external clients, leveraging predictive analytics and advanced statistical techniques to drive strategic thought and effective decision making. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for conducting data analyses using SQL/R/Python and other resources in support of a variety of analytic solutions.
- Provide SQL/R/Python programming, under general direction, in the execution of data analysis that will contribute to the final project deliverables
- Appropriately account for the timeliness and quality of all assignments
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to manage data logistics – including data transfers, understanding data structures, business rules, etc. – to enable project execution
- QA/QC data and report output to ensure accuracy
- Assist in development of reports, providing content and writing of key observations
- Participate in presentation of reports to key internal and external stakeholders, effectively communicating the key findings and recommendations
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Assist in the creation of compelling presentations that provide actionable insights and recommendations
- Be exposed to the sales process, providing limited content to be included in proposals for new and existing business opportunities
- Prioritize and monitor project progress relative to timeline and scope
- Synthesizes analytic output into actionable recommendations and provides written and/or visual content for deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, mathematics, marketing analytics)
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with data mining, segmentation, and/or predictive modeling using large, marketing databases
- Experience with the following analytic methodologies, tools, and ecosystems:
- Statistical modeling, data mining, and advanced segmentation using large marketing databases (e.g., Oracle, Netezza, Hadoop etc.)
- Experience with CDPs (Customer Demand Platforms) and data driven marketing approaches
- Core analytical tools such as SQL, R, Python
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Proficient level user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful developing relationships within and across functional teams (including statistical, technical, and marketing resources)
- Highly motivated and collaborative
- Strong technical skills
- Acute attention to detail (QA/QC)
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Advanced degree (Master’s/PhD) in Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
- Ability to display data visually, creating powerful presentations which effectively demonstrate the value of analytic deliverables; proficiency with business visualization tools (e.g., interactive dashboard software)
- Media insights, activation, and measurement experience a plus
- Familiarity with Marketing Machine Learning (MML) solutions
- Working knowledge of Databricks and other big data analytic platform technologies
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.