A Senior Data Engineer will use his or her hands-on expertise in Spark/Hadoop, Scala programming, Linux scripting, AWS, DevOps and API technologies to expand and optimize architecture, data flows, infrastructure, APIs and data pipelines to support the Epsilon PeopleCloud Discovery Platform. The successful candidate will take ownership of developing, maintaining, debugging large-scale real-time data workflows and enforcing best practices across various coding projects. He or she will work across functional teams and collaborate very closely with the VP of Data Engineering to plan, develop and deploy features. Additionally, the right candidate will be passionate about learning new things, curious about handling large data sets and be proactive about finding, communicating, and troubleshooting any issues that may come up in daily data processing.
- Write and review code for new features. This is a Senior role, and the candidate will be expected to be involved in several projects.
- Collaborate with the VP of Engineering to plan for new features and architect data solutions.
- Ensure data quality by implementing best practices.
- Ensure code quality by developing robust test cases.
- Think automation first!
- Find areas of optimization and implement changes to create more efficient workflows.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues as they come up.
- Specialization in data engineering development using very large data sets.
- Expertise in data warehousing, data streaming, relational databases, search databases and in-memory databases.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing, distributed computing and scalability principles.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding of NoSQL or columnar databases.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well within agile environment.
- · Degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- 4+ years hands-on data engineering software
- Must have development expertise using Scala and Spark.
- Strong understanding of cloud services in AWS
- Expertise with relational databases using SQL and Postgres.
- Experience using software automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Git.
- Experience working with containers in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in Test Driven Development Practices.
- Experience working with agile scrum practices.
- Knowledge of real time streaming and/or search databases.
- Nice to have experience working with Python.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.