We are seeking a senior, established immunologist for a Group Leader role within the Innate Immunity Research Unit (iiRU). The successful candidate will have a track record of project and people leadership experience within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. Your deep knowledge of immunology and drug discovery will allow you to contribute to strategic decisions effecting the progress of multiple preclinical projects moving towards clinical development.
This role will provide/gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Manage a multidisciplinary scientific biology team supporting diverse activities within the iiRU ranging from target identification and validation through to clinical candidate selection.
- Ensure effective people management and data quality
- Prioritize activities and manage biology resources to ensure robust progress toward, and achievement of, iiRU objectives.
- Oversee a portfolio of projects from target identification through to clinical candidate selection
- Manage and mentor a group of senior and junior scientists
- Influence and help set the strategic direction and goals of the research unit
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 10+ years of supervisory experience of a scientific team in pharmaceutical and/or biotech drug discovery
- Demonstrated expertise in immunology, or field relevant to immunology/inflammation drug discovery, strongly supported by publications, patents, and training (including PhD in immunology or a field relevant to immunology/inflammation)
- Ability to establish/lead high caliber biology teams both internally and externally to support drug discovery programs
- Successful management of 10+ scientists, including PhD level scientists
- Ability to manage and mentor a group of scientists to foster a culture of innovation, teamwork, performance and trust
- Demonstrated capability to lead a team with a breadth of skills, including biochemistry, gene editing, molecular and cellular signalling, and in vivo/ex vivo translational studies, in their daily activities to focus on critical path activities of the research projects
- Ability to communicate and share information/knowledge clearly and effectively
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Subject matter expert in innate immunology
- Strong understanding of drug discovery processes, including small/large molecule development.
- Management of director level team members is desirable
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.