- Architect, design, build & manage business applications/digital capabilities across the Global Drug Development Application Landscape, with an eye towards end-to-end integration, supporting:
- Clinical Development and Operations, Global Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance / Drug Safety, R&D Strategy & Planning, Biometrics and Data Sciences
- Own Drug Development Applications end-to-end including capability delivery, operations, lifecycle management, and continuous improvement
- Champion introduction of new or enhanced tools and solutions to improve efficiency and productivity of Global Drug Development
- Lead resource Sourcing strategy, Resource Management, Demand Management, Performance Metrics definition and monitoring, Vendor Delivery oversight and measurement for key vendor service providers
- Hold data/information/technology expertise and Drug Development (Clinical, Regulatory, Safety, Biometrics, Portfolio Strategy) business domain awareness
- Leverage Innovation, automation and 3rd party expertise to increase speed (cycle time), manage cost (unit cost), enhance user experience (satisfaction) and maintain high quality (defects, reliability)
- Select and build vendor relationships to accelerate technology roadmap with a mixture of larger providers while integrating niche capabilities
- Ensure that initiatives align with overall architecture and IT strategy
- Manage budgets and finances
- Lead IT Drug Development Applications team, managing 6-8 direct reports and 18-20 indirect reports
- Participate in industry groups and forums.
Qualifications & Experience
- In depth understanding of applications and capabilities that enable Drug Development business processes
- Past hands-on experience in delivering applications and services in a matrixed, outsourced, and offshored model
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- BS in Computer Science or related field. MBA preferred but not required
- At least 10 years of significant large-scale IT systems application delivery leadership
- Expert skills in software engineering, IT architecture with demonstrated success
- At least 3 years of experience working in innovative IT capabilities
- Drive for results – Strong planning and organization skills
- Delivers customer value – committed to understanding and meeting customer needs
- Collaborates effectively with and through others to achieve shared goals
- Communicates candidly and fluently in English – strong verbal, written and presentation skills
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we’re inspired by this single, powerful vision. Passionate and precise, we bring life-saving medicines to people around the world. And we work together with compassion to improve outcomes for the patients who need us most.
We are a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Innovative science is our passion. Transformational medicines are our goal. Bristol Myers Squibb is committed to discovering, developing, and delivering transformational medicines in areas where we believe we have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference for patients: oncology, immunoscience, cardiovascular, and fibrosis.
We combine the agility of biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
Bristol-Myers Squibb gives you the opportunity to learn and grow professionally alongside smart, creative, and talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients battle serious diseases. Doing amazing things with people you like and admire isn’t something you can find just anywhere.
Our mission to enhance the lives of our patients requires an investment in a strong learning culture. By providing valuable learning opportunities, connecting you to your passion, and helping you achieve your personal aspirations, we are empowering you to make a difference.
- Digital Learning
- Developmental Programs
- Leadership & Management Programs
- Insights for Success
- General Manager Development
- Building Manager Capability
- Coaching & Mentoring