About the Opportunity (Role)
The Senior Front End Developer’s primary responsibility is to code high-performance websites for our enterprise clients. These will include websites, mobile web apps, intranets, commerce solutions, and community sites.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver complete solutions within a realistic budget and schedule requirements.
- Write code and develop engaging digital experiences
- Troubleshoot development and production issues across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports the team in writing documentation and building tools to enhance productivity.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Strong experience writing semantic HTML5 markup.
- Strong experience with CSS pre-processors (SASS or LESS).
- Strong knowledge of techniques and tools for performance optimization (YSlow, PageSpeed, DevTools).
- Strong experience with source control tools (Git, SVN, etc.) and development workflow methodologies (e.g., git-flow).
- Experience with Photoshop and optimizing images for the web.
- Strong experience with browser testing and debugging. Understanding of all major browsers and the special considerations required for their various quirks.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Strong sense of visual design (while you may not be an expert with Photoshop or Illustrator, you still have an eye for aesthetics).
- Strong sense of good user experience (UX).
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years professional experience
- Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks (Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience writing code in at least one server-side technology (Python, PHP, .NET, Java, NodeJS, etc.) a plus.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.