As a member of the HR Technology team, the Sr. HRIM Consultant helps drive PerkinElmer success through the development and management of HR systems. This is a highly collaborative role that works with our global HR team to understand HR functional needs and address them with systems-based solutions. Our core HR system comprises Workday HCM, Advanced Compensation and Talent Acquisition. The successful candidate will bring broad knowledge of HR functional needs and a desire to work with others to develop creative solutions.
- Works with the global HR community and other parts of the organization to understand business needs, identify HR system-based solutions and translate solutions into functional and technical requirements.
- Leads projects to implement HR systems solutions and changes.
- Manages and provides guidance on PerkinElmer’s Workday hierarchies, intended data field use, business processes, and role security.
- Collaborate with Workday stakeholders to determine when changes should be made, develop proposed solutions and oversee implementation.
- Manages documentation for all of the above and updates as necessary.
- Manages libraries of other related resources, such as EIBs.
- Manages the Workday system work ticket list, ensuring all work items are appropriately documented, triaged and assigned to the right resource.
- Monitors ticket progress and actively collaborates with others to determine changes in prioritization, as needed.
- Serves as a point of escalation for complex Workday issues raised by the Workday user support team.
- Investigates to determine cause and collaborates on solution, or routes to others as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Director, HR Technology and other team members to determine appropriate actions, as needed.
- Develops and executes test plans to ensure new and changed configuration is operating to specifications.
- Manages the test script library and provides coaching to functional users on the development of new test scripts.
- Performs regular system audits to ensures data quality and integrity.
- Collaborates with others to identify obstacles to data quality and implement changes to address them.
- Serves as primary point of contact for internal audit reviews and requests.
- Collaborates with others to raise Workday skill levels internally.
- Establishes recommended training path for Workday support and functional team members.
- Provides guidance and targeted training to the Workday user support team and collaborating on the development of user training materials.
- Collaborates with others to support Workday release cycles, which includes understanding new or changing functionality and participating in decisions on adoption.
- Collaborates with Analytics and Reporting team members on issues regarding data field definitions and needs.
- Investigates and takes action on any data issues or requirements in order to ensure effective HCM reporting and analytics.
- Maintains active engagement in Workday Community and Workday user groups in order to bring Workday solutions to PerkinElmer.
- Acts as a Workday Named Support Contact.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of all HR system data. Maintain current knowledge of data privacy laws and policies.
- Other projects and related tasks may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, human resources, or a related field.
- Eight+ years of directly-related experience working within the HRIM field.
- Cloud-based HR systems; Workday experience is strongly preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the various HR areas of practice, including HR compliance and regulatory reporting and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a global HR community to determine HR functional needs and assist with issue resolution.
- The ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding organizational skills with a dedication to detail and quality of work.
- Understanding of and commitment to data security.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.