Lead a team of scientists at the Logan, UT facility to develop innovation cell culture media formulations and feed supplements to meet service project goals for Bio pharmaceutical customers (ability to lead moderate to highly complex projects is critical). The successful candidate will need to be highly knowledgeable in cell culture media development for bio pharmaceutical manufacturing. The incumbent will report to the Global Cell Culture Services Leader.
- Guide and oversee direct reports in the design, execution and interpretation of scientific results for cell culture media development service projects with the end goal of insuring total customer satisfaction (on time, on budget, on scope)
- Provide timely and critical feedback to study plans and project phase reports
- Define goals for direct reports that clearly define specific deliverable for major projects and enable personal growth opportunities
- Independent time management and project prioritization in line with team goals and objectives
- Monitor and manage progress on customer projects ensuring key requirement and milestones are
- Review of service project timelines in conjunction with project management
- Participate in risk assessments
- Develop and execute on mitigation plans
- Participate in the management of customer expectations on scientific outcomes
- Triage technical concerns with relevant internal stakeholders
- Manage project plans and experimental designs provided by direct reports, offering clear
explanations and alignment for suggested modifications with appropriate stakeholders
- Develop individual relationships with direct reports and foster relationships with relevant internal
stakeholders to build respect and trust
- Provide oral presentations to internal and external audiences (e.g., group meetings, customer
presentations, scientific seminars)
- Proactively work with global Process Science team to:
- Identify relevant industry trends/pain points
- Develop new cell culture media service ideas/offerings
- Execute on applications data required for market expansion
- Champion the development of new technologies and its implementation
- Ensures that work is performed according to company guidelines for legal, safety and regulatory
- Leads team to maintain support functions of the lab (cleaning, equipment maintenance, reagent
- PhD degree in Life Sciences or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline.
- 12+ years of direct industry experience in commercial media development and/or experience
performing media/process optimization within a service/biotechnology organization.
- Laboratory and team management experience required. Demonstrated ability to coach technical professionals to achieve maximum performance.
- Highly experienced in DoE.
- Proven strong leadership ability with the capability to leverage diverse resources, respond quickly, understand the impact of changes and decisions, facilitate agreement, build collaborative relationships and focus on customer needs.
- Strong scientific and analytical skills including the ability to effectively use data in problem solving
and evaluating process changes/impacts.
- Ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders (e.g. project management, customer facing
- Track record and diverse hands-on experience with industry relevant cells lines (e.g., CHO, HEK293, Vero) and bioreactor systems required.
- Solid understanding in cellular metabolism and biochemistry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal as well as the ability to facilitate team interactions.
- Familiarity with mammalian cell line development
- Experience in cell therapy space
- Experience in working for a contract services business
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting-edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world.GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.