Senior Manager, Graphics Engineering
Our team focuses on the delivery of Graphics solutions in all client products or computer-based systems for external customers. We lead and deliver the entire graphics lifecycle from product definition and planning through to production and release and through sustaining.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians that develops graphics engineering solutions for Dell client platforms.
- Partner closely with marketing, platform engineering, PMO, procurement, Operations, services and quality to ensure strong cross-functional awareness and alignment.
- Develop and lead organizational strategies, processes, and initiatives surrounding graphics enablement processes and procedures to make Dell competitive and leader in Time to Market.
- Proactively manage team operations including performance management, hiring and developing talent, resource assignments, lab operations, and budget management responsibilities
- Manage technical partner relationships with graphics vendors and be the escalation path for issue resolution across partnerships.
- Develop plans to meet key metrics and drive the team to successfully meet them
- Partner and work across organizations and sites to ensure success in the business
- Communicate cross-functionally, externally, and to all levels of upper management the status of all relevant management information
- Exert influence cross-functionally to meet goals and support the team
- Interaction with extended teams locally and at other Dell Development centers worldwide
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in an engineering related field, multi-disciplinary engineer preferred with 12-15+ years relevant experience in leading or managing engineering teams
- Must possess a demonstrated understanding of hardware NPI (new product introduction) design and approaches.
- Excellent understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions with advanced leadership skills for driving cross functional groups, and ability to work effectively with senior management and executives
- Ability to view situations objectively from different perspectives, frame situations, and make/drive decisions while able to think strategically, deal with ambiguity, and influence others through effective communication
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup to achieve organizational strategic goal with a proven track record of assembling, mentoring, leading and working with global cross functional teams
- Strong knowledge and application of engineering concepts
- Strong ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments
- Broad PC industry knowledge
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.