Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
Key Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Full life cycle support of client’s database(s). Database system utilizes RAC and non-RAC for OLTP and warehouse, Active Data Guard for DR, partitioning on 19c and Oracle Golden Gate for Active/Active data replication.
- Responsible for database backups, design, development, testing, and performance tuning.
- Will work with developers to design and build new structures to support application enhancements and promote database changes throughout the Dev, UAT and Prod databases.
- Responsible for quarterly patch applications (PSU) and periodic database upgrades with minimal downtime in the database environment.
- Required to participate in 24×7 on-call rotation and be available to perform periodic after-hours support.
- 5 years of related experience with implementation and administration of database systems.
- Advanced degree in computer science or equivalent experience required.
- Able to administer, manage and tune high-transaction production server environment(s).
- Able to understand and meet needs of end users.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced and often changing environment.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent database programming and query knowledge.
- Excellent design, development, administration skills.
- Excellent knowledge of database development.
- Excellent knowledge of logical and physical database design.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in Oracle Exadata and Oracle Golden Gate can be a plus.
- Experience in hosting/managing database servers which are hosted on Cloud, can be a plus.
- Optimized SQL queries from various Industry applications to meet stringent KPI’s.
- Extensive use of AWR, TKProf, SQLHC, and various other tools in analyzing slow SQLs.
- Providing the best practices for optimal performance of the database.
- Experience in Performance Tuning using EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, STATSPACK, AWR and ADDM.
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors, and Triggers.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.