Horizon Discovery, a PerkinElmer company, drives the application of gene editing and gene modulation to enable world-leading academic institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as clinical diagnostic laboratories, to identify the genetic drivers behind human disease, develop and validate diagnostic workflows, and deliver new therapies for precision medicine. With more than a decade of experience in the engineering of cell lines, Horizon offers innovative services including the Dharmacon™ suite of gene discovery tools with the ability to modulate, or permanently alter, the function of almost any gene in human and other mammalian cell lines.
Horizon is headquartered in Cambridge, UK with offices in Boulder, Colorado, USA and Japan.
We have a rewarding and exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to join our Diagnostic Business Unit, with a specific focus on human genomic reference standards. This is an exceptional opportunity to have global reach and influence through strategic portfolio management to drive the current business needs and set the direction of future new product introductions.
Align the needs of the customer with corporate objectives, the Product Manager will have key responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Champion the future strategic direction of the Diagnostic portfolio, including updates to the product roadmap. Prepare an annual strategic plan for the portfolio, including any changes to value positions and positioning statements based on market and competitor movement.
- Proactively gather & analyze reference standard market conditions, technical trends, VoC insights, and competitive landscape to drive the business strategy. Experience growing portfolios in a competitive, dynamic genomics market required.
- Define product requirements, launch differentiated new product offerings/application data to further grow our market leadership position over the next 3-5 years.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge and understanding of customer needs and buying behaviors to strengthen targeted segmentation strategies.
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders (e.g., R&D, Sales, Customer Support, Marketing), external collaborators, and industry groups to gather intelligence that inform process improvement and product innovation.
- Work directly with sales, manufacturing, chemistry, and project management teams for large scale custom reference standards projects, including feasibility and profitability for novel product offerings.
- Develop pricing models that align with revenue and margin goals. Experience in revenue forecasting strategies desired.
- In partnership with the marketing team, ensure consistent language and strategic narrative in marketing campaigns and collateral for continuity across internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the sales team through training, collateral development, joint customer visits and regular communication.
- Work with the Technical Support team to identify how to resolve issues for unsatisfied customers
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc in a related scientific discipline, MBA or PhD is preferable
- Significant experience in diagnostic/life sciences industry (NGS and genomics experience essential), mix of technical experience and customer facing roles, e.g., commercial sales, business development or product management
- Strategic and tactical business acumen with experience of driving profitability and growth
- Experience conducting market analysis and customer insights segmentation
- Ability to understand and translate customer needs into marketable solutions
- Passionate about your product portfolio, uses compelling science and business analysis to influence
- Ability to work with global and remote teams. Able to conduct/attend meetings outside of typical business hours.
- Detailed orientated with excellent communication and presentation skills
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.