Senior Product Technologist
Join us as a Senior Principal Engineer, Product Technologist on our Product Technologist team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Client Technologist, you will have the opportunity to leverage your industry experience and in-depth knowledge of the entire Dell client product and solution portfolio to help our sales teams to win and grow Dell Client market share. You will partner with our Dell sales and product development teams to present and position the relevant Dell Client solutions, helping to solve our customers’ business challenges by putting the right technology in the hands of their end users. These conversations will include everything from current industry and technology trends to competitive insights to the impacts of the current digital workforce transformation. Helping our customers better understand our client solutions, while resolving technical objections and sharing Dell’s vision for the future are key deliverables that result in a win-win for both the customer and Dell.
Additionally, through our interactions with customers and sales teams, a client technologist will gain unique insights into current and future customer needs. The client technologist team interacts regularly with the client product development teams, sharing these insights and collaborating on ideas that will impact future product offering.
- Present technology-related materials to external customers and help with technical aspects of featured products
- Provide subject matter expertise to sales teams
- Collaborate regularly with the field sales organization and prioritize and drive client/enterprise product business in assigned region
- Support client/enterprise product sales efforts
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Customer Acumen – ability to effectively communicate (listen & present) with customers at various levels (c-suite, procurement, individual business unit leadership, etc.) on their technology needs
- Technical Acumen – understanding of current technology trends affecting customers’ client solutions needs and ability to apply the correct Dell solutions to solve the customers’ IT needs
- Sales Acumen – ongoing partnership with your sales counterparts, enabling them to position the correct solutions through product training, competitive insights, and overall product positioning
- 5+ years IT industry experience (IT Procurement, IT Vendor Management, Product Development)
- Undergraduate degree required – IT experience considered in lieu of degree
- Sales experience preferred
- Strong level of Dell solutions and technical knowledge
- Experience working with sales and external customers in different geographies
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.