As part of the Talent Acquisition Team, the Senior Recruiter will be a business partner to hiring managers and business leaders to acquire talent and manage the full recruitment lifecycle.
The Talent Acquisition team is client-facing and dedicated by specialty area. As a member of this team, the Senior Recruiter will define and execute sourcing strategies necessary to build a qualified and diverse candidate pool. While partnering with the hiring manager to manage the full recruitment lifecycle, the Senior Recruiter will represent PerkinElmer to attract, assess, and hire qualified candidates. Senior Recruiters, as well as all Talent Acquisition Team Members, will raise up attractiveness issues to the Talent Acquisition Leadership Team to ensure quality hiring.
In addition to day to day recruitment efforts, the Senior Recruiter represents Talent Acquisition & Human Resources on various committees and workgroups responsible for decisions on recruitment tools and strategies that impact the system. S/he recommends decisions/changes on recruitment resources and strategy.
The Senior Recruiter serves as the point of contact for managers and candidates throughout the hiring process. The ideal candidate must be able to partner with hiring managers, and other members of the hiring team, to develop effective and efficient recruitment strategies. The Senior Recruiter will:
- Serve as an HR Business Partner with an expertise in Talent Acquisition
- Develop and implement effective recruiting strategies.
- Provide counsel to Hiring Managers during Talent Strategy Discussions, and during the recruitment lifecyle, of changing market conditions.
- In times of heavy recruitment volume, work with senior leadership to prioritize recruitment needs.
- Manage and drive the recruiting lifecycle: source, assess candidates via telephone interview, manage the interview process, debrief with hiring teams during the selection process, check references, and negotiate offers.
- Establish and maintain solid working relationships with hiring managers.
- Assist managers with hiring decisions and negotiations.
- Ensure internal and external market equity.
- Provide recommendations on Outreach events and Recruitment tools; participate in various recruitment related events relative to Workforce Development, University Relations and Diversity & Inclusion.
- Raise up attractiveness issues to Hiring Managers, HR Partner, and Talent Acquisition Leadership Team.
- Assists with reporting on staffing when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commit to understanding the Diversity & Inclusion Strategy
- Build a strong, diverse candidate pipeline, including leveraging external partnerships and reaching out to passive candidates to provide exposure to PerkinElmer and job opportunities.
- Support the development and execution of diversity related projects
- Manage diversity recruiting job fair(s) strategy, including handling logistics & identifying applicable job openings, and tracking results.
- Determine Diversity & Inclusion recruiting effectiveness though reporting and data analytics.
- Bachelors degree or 6+ years of work experience in Human Resources, Talent Acquisition &/or Marketing
- 6+ years of Recruiting experience in a corporate or agency environment
COMPETENCIES, ABILITIES and SKILLS:
- Articulate; both written and oral.
- Versatile; ability to adapt to change
- Professionally persistent
- Attentive Listening; be present to non-verbal cues, reiterate and clarify.
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Courage to provide counsel to hiring managers, hiring teams, and senior business leaders representing best practices in Talent Acquisition.
Abilities and Skills:
- Understanding of Employment Law; EEO and OFCCP
- Successful demonstrated experience in setting a talent strategy for difficult to fill roles
- Experience participating in behaviorally-based interview techniques; strong candidate assessment skills
- Experience participating in Community Outreach; demonstrated success building diverse applicant pipelines
- Motivated by candidate experience
- Ability to partner with leadership at all levels
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Sharp business acumen and political savvy
- Experience with, or understanding of, a matrixed organization
- Experience using Workday HCM and Workday Recruiting, Applicant Tracking System (preferred).
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.