We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, agile and experienced scientist with lab level expertise in genomic technologies to join the Cellular Biomarkers Genomics group within the Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers (BIB) department based in Collegeville, PA.
This individual will serve as a technical expert in applied genomic technologies and will generate data to support the understanding of disease heterogeneity, drug’s mechanism of action, and patient response to treatment at the molecular level through application of advanced genomic technologies, including Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), single cell analysis, Nanostring, qPCR, etc.
This role will conduct and oversee all aspects of the method development, trouble-shooting, validation and sample analysis for clinical studies requiring genomic technologies endpoints including reagent selection/optimization, sample preparation, sample acquisition and data processing. They will ensure all work is conducted in compliance with GCLP regulations and follows the appropriate SOPs.
- Be responsible for developing genomic assays using applied genomic technologies to support clinical studies; delivery of robust, high quality data packages
- Collaborate with Biomarker Leads and provide biomarker assay support to deliver on biomarker strategy as defined by project needs.
- Work with data management, programming and bioinformatics scientists to expedite the transfer of biomarker data to clinical teams
- Investigate novel genomic platforms and imbed within the organization
- Act as subject matter expert for the transfer of assays to CROs
- Willingness to develop and train others as required
- Handling of human biological samples and performing experimental work in accordance with safety requirements, data integrity and GCLP guidelines.
- B.S./M.S. degree with hands on research experience in genomics, NGS, molecular or cellular biology or related disciplines
- Knowledge of current genomic analytical platforms (e.g., RNA-Seq, microbiome, qPCR, Nanostring)
- Ability to provide guidance on the use of NGS and digital quantification of nucleic acids to support clinical sample testing
- Experience in designing, troubleshooting and implementing single cell RNA-seq applications or similar high content techniques (e.g., BD Rhapsody, 10x Genomics)
- Maintains a disciplined approach, ensuring a relentless focus on quality, compliance, scientific rigor and operational excellence
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills to work well with colleagues from all phases of clinical drug development and influence biomarker testing strategies
- Proactively demonstrate the ability to work in tight deadlines; both independently and in a team.
- Experience in the development and validation of novel genomic assays to support clinical measurements and their translation to a companion diagnostic (CDx) when applicable.
- Experience of working with external vendors for the transfer of assay to support clinical trial sample analysis and development of CDx
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.