Senior Software Engineer C/C++ Wireless
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Remote work, Texasto do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The 5G Layer 2 Senior Software Developerwill be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Dell for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution.
From applied research to advanced engineering, the Engineering Technologist team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material and processes. It’s a fascinating field of work. We’re involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies and generating intellectual property. We lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Our insights influence product architecture and definitions and work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- Work with team management and other development and test groups to develop an implementation plan and design for the 5G Layer 2 software
- Work with network core, Central Unit and Radio Unit teams to define interfaces and functional splits. Define and architect solutions allowing for scalability of Layer 2, CU & DU solutions for various RAN deployments
- Work with management to drive an Agile culture and environment
- Work with management to establish implementation assignments for SW developers
- Work closely with the verification group to ensure the completeness, quality and performance of the implemented DU & L2 functionality
- Mentor less experienced DU & L2 developers
- Experience working in a 4G/5G development team; DU & 4G/5G Layer 2 development experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in 4G and 5G layer 2 protocols and standards
- Knowledge of 3GPP and ORAN standards and interfaces
- Be an organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a team focused mentality
- C/C++ Programming Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.