We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who wants to own major components of our data processing platform. You will be dedicated to systems architecture, capacity, security, stability, and data flow issues throughout our platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build large distributed systems that scale well – to petabytes of data and thousands of nodes.
- Understand performance bottlenecks, failure points, and security holes in such large-scale systems, then design and implement software that avoids them.
- Develop tools that automate the operations, administration, and tuning of large distributed clusters.
- Develop tools that facilitate the tuning, development, debugging, and profiling of jobs running on such large clusters.
- Develop tools to enable the development and optimization of distributed data workflow pipelines.
- Profile and optimize large distributed clusters, at the application, operating system, file system, server and network levels.
- Administer application-level knowledge of back-end systems architecture, as well as contribution to the overall design to monitor and sustain our high standards of availability, security and performance.
- 4+ years software development experience in a highly scalable, distributed, large multi-node environment.
- Unix environment experience (CentOS, Red Hat Linux) including shell scripting
- Extensive software development experience in Java (preferred), C++ or Python
- System performance debugging and kernel forensics experience
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills (TCP/IP, DNS, File system, Load balancing, etc)
- Sufficient understanding of Grid computing, Map-Reduce, advanced server clustering and distributed programming
- Familiarity with virtual machine technologies
- Systems monitoring and management for grid computing.
- Provisioning and operating a large-scale compute/storage system.
- Working knowledge of distributed file systems (development knowledge is a strong plus).
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation and interdisciplinary communication skills (written and verbal).
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.