The Clinical Diagnostics Senior Sourcing Associate collaborates with and supports Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (SS&P) R&D category owners on strategy development while leading and supporting procurement execution. This individual will strive to make positive impact on the organization, short and long term.
The Senior Sourcing Associate will build an understanding of BMS’s global, end-to-end value chain, as it relates to the category/categories in focus. With this knowledge, he or she will provide strategic industry insights and identify potential opportunities to improve total cost of ownership, including revenue enhancement, speed-to-market, mitigated risk/improved lifecycle management, and other opportunities that to BMS competitive advantage.
The Senior Sourcing Associate will manage Supplier Relationship Management processes and procedures: including supplier and category segmentation, metrics/KPI development and application, scorecard format, contract management, etc. Through Supplier Relationship Management programs, he or she will facilitate continuous improvement and supplier-enabled innovation and enable the Head of Sourcing/Sourcing Managers to achieve strategic objectives.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Provide end-to-end project management of the sourcing process.
- Participate in book of work review meetings to gather potential projects
- Launch kick-off meetings to establish a sourcing event and conduct the event through to contracting and hand-off
- This specific role will require complex contracting globally in a highly regulated área
Support/lead development of strategic category plans
- Collaborate with category leaders and business partners on plan development
- Provide internal and market analytics in support of strategic category plans
- Support and/or lead execution of procurement plans; role dependent on category/project complexity.
- Assist/lead identification & screening/selection of potential sources
- Assist/lead in determining appropriate method and employing leading practices
Ensure excellence in delivery of procurement initiatives that maximize corporate, business, and functional priorities and objectives
- Lead preparation of competitive go-to-market events (solicitation of bids, quotations and proposals) with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions
- Prepare for and/or lead supplier negotiations depending on category complexity
- Evaluate offerings and recommend overall best offer for a product or service
- As part of implementation, review product availability and/or pricing information with suppliers
- Assist in the preparation of and/or issue contracts (or large purchase orders) for legal review and approval
- Support design/development of procurement compliance programs that align to organizational objectives and business strategies
- Maintain agreement files as required
- Understand how to access and influence specifications as required for category
- Prepare periodic category performance reports for assigned categories
- Support budget management processes as required for categories
- Support SRM purposes through required development and delivery of prioritized performance metric
- Support risk management as required
Lead/participate in organizational development efforts
- Business Partners
- SS&P and SE Leadership
- Supplier executive management
- Senior members of industry; technology councils and organizations
- B.S./B.A. (Business, Science or Engineering is desirable)
- Relevant industry certification is preferred, e.g. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ work experience with at least 5-6 years sourcing, contracting or relevant experience. (Preferred category experience includes: Clinical Research Services, Biologics Manufacturing, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (‘API’), Information Technology (‘IT’) or other science-based industries)
- Expertise in procurement processes, technology and systems (such as Ariba), contract and supplier analysis and management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier diversity, strategic planning and integrated supply chain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, ambiguous environment
- Professional certifications (e.g. CPM, CPIM).
- 2 years Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Membership in Professional Associations, e.g. ISM
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we’re inspired by this single, powerful vision. Passionate and precise, we bring life-saving medicines to people around the world. And we work together with compassion to improve outcomes for the patients who need us most.
We are a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Innovative science is our passion. Transformational medicines are our goal. Bristol Myers Squibb is committed to discovering, developing, and delivering transformational medicines in areas where we believe we have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference for patients: oncology, immunoscience, cardiovascular, and fibrosis.
We combine the agility of biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
Bristol-Myers Squibb gives you the opportunity to learn and grow professionally alongside smart, creative, and talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients battle serious diseases. Doing amazing things with people you like and admire isn’t something you can find just anywhere.
Our mission to enhance the lives of our patients requires an investment in a strong learning culture. By providing valuable learning opportunities, connecting you to your passion, and helping you achieve your personal aspirations, we are empowering you to make a difference.
- Digital Learning
- Developmental Programs
- Leadership & Management Programs
- Insights for Success
- General Manager Development
- Building Manager Capability
- Coaching & Mentoring