The Senior Strategic Sourcing position participates on new product development teams as part of the core team responsible for delivering all sourcing strategies required to achieve established project milestones, overall costs and coordination with extended team members’ in-order to meet the overall objectives of the business. The Senior Strategic Sourcing position supports the execution of the Global Commodity Strategies to meet NPI Project timelines, supports driving effective Early Supplier Involvement (ESI), manages by development stage the appropriate supplier capacity requirements, supports delivery of direct material cost targets and assists in coordinating with Category Management to insure any new suppliers are vetted and fit the overall category strategy.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing position candidate must have the ability to work in a cross functional R&D/NPI Team and on Multiple Complex NPI Programs at the host manufacturing site and throughout our clients’ global manufacturing footprint. Strong cross-functional collaboration with R&D, Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Global Commodity Management, and Corporate initiatives and leadership. Reports directly to the Director of NPI Sourcing. To this end, the Senior Strategic Sourcing position supports the team with the negotiation of contracts that secure favorable terms in relation to the procurement of goods and materials. He/she supports identifying, evaluating and developing supplier options and suitability to perform outsourced activities, projects and programs. Acquires and maintains understanding of marketplace trends, market forces, cost trends, and supplier technology road maps.
This is a full time position available for those able to work with any employer within US territory.
- Responsible for supporting NPI projects and promoting key initiatives such as Early Supplier Involvement (ESI), Total Cost Optimization (TCO), Risk Mitigation and implementing Global Commodity Strategies into NPI projects.
- Liaises with Commodity Management and Operations as needed.
- Works with Engineering and supplier representatives as needed to insure ESI is appropriate to develop specifications for components and assemblies for DFX.
- Supports Global Commodities on new technology and/or supplier requirement in support of project gaps.
- In alignment with Global Commodities, supports prototype to production strategy, coordinates and leads supplier selection process, supplier evaluations and quality ratings as needed as inputs to the supplier selection matrix.
- Recommends standard costs for new components and assemblies to insure accurate costing of the clients’ products utilizing Should-Cost modeling and Make vs. Buy analysis.
- Works to support sourcing timelines and components cost requirements to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Ensure supplier resources are aligned based on project complexity.
- Ensures full supply chain continuity via supplier capacity management and risk mitigation strategies.
- Builds effective relationships both internal and external, and interfaces with management as required.
- Participates in preparing and providing monthly project management updates on key project milestones and critical path issues.
- Supports the management of inventory scale up requirements for new product launch requirements through the Development process
- Supports the management of required purchasing tasks to procure parts, materials, supplies, equipment and services required to support the project deliverables.
- BS/BA Degree in Business Management, Engineering or other related field. MBA a plus.
REQUIRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of Procurement, Sourcing, Supply Chain Management or Engineering
REQUIRED SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong Project Management skill set.
- Experience with NPI Development.
- Background in Spectroscopy, Detection Imaging, and Informatics.
- Proficient knowledge of Metals, Plastics, and Electronic commodities
- Certification from the Institute of Supply Management (C.P.S.M.), (CPIM).
- E-Sourcing software.
- Excellent leadership, organization, project management, communication and negotiation skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, Think Cell, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables, projects and teams.
- Office environment (may include laboratory, clean room and manufacturing assembly).
JUMP Recruits is your full-service diversity and inclusion partner, dedicated to providing inclusion, opportunity and successful career outcomes for diverse professionals and employers seeking quality diverse talent. We are excited to re-shape the face of your workforce, one step at a time.
The mission of JUMP Recruits is to improve access to career and job resources for diverse talent while cultivating the inclusive corporate cultures needed for companies to achieve record-breaking results with our data-driven recruiting solutions.
JUMP Recruits Diverse Talent. Dynamic Results.
JUMP Recruits was founded by Cedric Chambers on the idea that every ethnically diverse person deserves a chance at a successful career. After 10 years of experience working in corporate recruiting and human resources, he discovered that there are many forward-thinking companies looking to hire qualified, diverse talent and that with the right tools, resources and guidance they could create the cultures and business successes they were after.
JUMP Recruits was created to prove the idea that diverse talent could be successful in the world's most sought after and high demand jobs. With data-driven solutions, JUMP Recruits is able to develop and implement diversity recruitment programs for employers while offering the advice, support and training necessary for diverse candidates to excel in their careers.