As a Sr Technology Associate, you will support the management of certain elements of the transfer of primary biopharmaceutical production technologies from R&D, third party clients, or contract manufacturing organisations to GMS Biopharm and from GMS Biopharm to other biopharmaceutical manufacturing sites.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Determine adequacy of plant to accept new technologies, implement plans to achieve adequacy and take appropriate actions to implement start of new process operations.
- Responsible for development and preparation of technology transfer/process validation protocols and “hands-on” startup of production processes with operators.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of technology transfer/process validation reports or documentation
- Define training program for operators as part of technology transfer and when required train process operators.
- Take leadership in identifying potential process problems, provide technical advice to Production and/or Quality Department to resolve process problems.
- Identify areas of improvements during technology development and/or technology transfer. Advise management as to possible opportunities for process improvements.
- Collect and track process trend data and monitor process trends. Determine causes of process variances and recommend corrective actions.
- Stay current with developments in the fields of biotechnology and bioprocessing. Support evaluation of new technologies for GSK and technology introduction strategies.
- May need to contribute to technical oversight of manufacturing operations or coordinating technical activities for specific products at Third Party sites for GMS Biopharm.
- Demonstrate the use of OE/GPS tools and philosophies.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS/BA in either biological or chemical science or engineering or equivalent technical discipline or alternatively at least 10 yrs experience in Biopharmaceutical/ pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in the Biopharmaceutical/ pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
- Knowledge of current GMP’s, NIH Guidelines and FDA and/or European validation practices for biopharmaceutical processes
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Prior experience in technology development and/or process transfer.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Analytical and critical thinking skills.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.