Due to exciting growth, we are seeking experienced sales professionals for territories in the Southeast (Raleigh/Durham, Atlanta) and Northwest (greater Seattle ) with a biology background to drive instrument sales growth, develop new business opportunities and relationships, and provide excellent customer technical support within the Pacific Northwest. This position is ideal for a “hunter” salesperson who craves autonomy in their day-to-day activities, wants to exercise their creativity in the implementation and execution of new sales and marketing activities, and enjoys working as part of a larger regional team to achieve regional and national sales goals.
The person in this position will manage the sales process in their territory from early account development, marketing and prospecting, to arranging and completing a successful product demonstration through sales close, post-sale installation and training, and follow up support activities with the assistance of inside sales staff and a local Applications Scientist. The ideal candidate will have laboratory equipment sales experience with a history of achieving or exceeding sales goals and laboratory work experience in biology, immunology, bio-engineering, or a related field.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DUTIES
- Partner with the Director of Business Development to develop a sales strategy for the overall territory and for key accounts within the territory
- Monitor territory sales performance to goals
- Utilize marketing leads and source new accounts to drive business growth
- Cultivate and grow our existing customer base
- Stay current with the competitive landscape and business trends
- Contribute to and communicate with the regional team to share insights, achievements, best practices and learning opportunities
- Follow existing SOPs for lead generation, product demonstrations, etc. and create and share new SOPs describing any successful programs you develop
- Understand potential customer’s research goals and communicate how PerkinElmer / Nexcelom’s products can help them achieve these goals
- Organize in-lab demonstrations customized to the customer’s research needs
- Partner with Field Application Scientist to successfully execute a technical demonstration that addresses customer’s needs, questions, and concerns
- Organize and deliver technical presentations to introduce PerkinElmer / Nexcelom’s technology in key accounts and drive customer interest
- B.S. degree with lab experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bio-engineering or related field.
- Over 2 yrs sales experience in life sciences (instrumentation, reagents, consumables)
- Experience working in a research or clinical lab setting (2+ years)
- Experience in the following areas: cell biology, cell culture, microscopy, flow cytometry and cell-based assays
- Proven track record to develop new business and new markets
- Established network and key account knowledge in the area is highly preferred
- Knowledge and application of strategic planning, development sales strategy and tactical implementation within your specified territory
- Focus on sales outcomes with clear measures and metrics
- Interpersonal flexibility to effectively interact with a broad range of personnel
- Effectively apply communication skills to build and maintain relationships and to influence others
- Ability to work effectively with others to accomplish organizational goals and identify and resolve problems
- Advanced presentation skills and business acumen
- Problem solving, decision-making and technical learning
- Excellent time management, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically
- Travel to other states as needed for business development and team building activities
- Travel is approximately 50%
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.