Senior Windows Engineer (Remote)
Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
The Senior Windows System Administrator is responsible for day-to-day operational troubleshooting. On-Call coverage will be required for support of systems during planned/unplanned maintenance work and change windows. Experience with web servers, databases, networks, cabling, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is required.
Responsibilities include ensuring best practice patch management processes are followed and continuous service improvements are identified and implemented as necessary to ensure compliance and successful audits. The candidate must have experience with the complete patch management lifecycle including testing, deploying, troubleshooting missing patches and patch issues, etc. utilizing the change management process and patch management and automation tools. Experience with PCI security vulnerability remediation is preferred.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must also display demonstrated team-building skills, written and oral communication skills, and formal documentation skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all Windows servers, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals
- Provides end-user incident escalation and help desk assistance when necessary
- Performs O/S health checks, analyzes system performance and identifies problems that are causing system and/or application issues.
- Ensures adherence to security policies, including regular security updates to the Windows systems.
- Understands follows and implements best-practice methodologies for monthly patching and vulnerability remediation
- Ensures that all changes to all Windows Servers adhere to established ITIL Change Management (CAB) processes and procedures
- Participate in the design and development of enhancements related to Windows server patching
- Identify and resolve problems with internal support personnel and vendors
- Provide notification to management for all client-impacting issues.
- Participates in the incident and major incident management process
- Performs system maintenance activities such as hardware/software upgrades, oversees the installation and removal of server hardware, facilities changes, performs cloud migrations and assists with application changes.
- Create, update and maintain accurate, reliable documentation
- Participate in the monthly on-call rotation
- Participate in monthly patching on-call rotation
- Administering and maintaining all currently supported Windows operating systems including updates, upgrades and performance and capacity management. Utilizing effective queue management in our system of record for incidents, requests and changes. – 35%
- Windows server patching, security configurations, vulnerability scans/remediation, and audits. – 20%
- Experience with identifying bottlenecks in operations that can be remediated/improved upon through API or automation development which will improve the customer experience. Using Problem Management to identify trends that reduce client impact or reduce MTTR. – 20%
- Manage projects that focus on deployment/improvement/enhancements of OS, Applications and systems which our team governs or owns. – 15%
- Other miscellaneous duties as they arise – 10%
Knowledge & Skills
- Windows Server (2012 – 2022), Active Directory design and management, Group Policy customization, VMware vCenter 6.X and 7.X, Dell and HP server experience
- Ability to understand monitoring metrics to modify, maintain and drive better performance/availability of our client’s systems
- Experience with Sumo to pull on-demand reports and dashboards
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve system and network and storage related issues in a timely manner
- Understanding how API calls work to automate manual functions
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles
- Strong knowledge of ITIL best practice
- Ability to produce Root Cause analysis
- PowerShell scripting
- Project management
- Formal understanding of PCI and SOX requirements
- Experience with managing AWS and Azure Cloud systems
- Understanding of PowerShell within the Ansible framework to automate tasks/workflows
- Experience in VMware-based virtual infrastructures preferred
- Experience with managing AV tools and products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with Global IT and Security teams, vendors, and business customers.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.