Provide high touch support for the scientist community of designated functional group(s) at designated account and general support for the on-site service engineers and technicians. Coordinate and communicate with end users regarding all aspects of OneSource Asset Management program, including service call initiation, scheduling, maintenance, inventory data integrity, safety and day-today lab operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first level of response for service order requests in the lab to help ensure technical staff arrives prepared
- Able to work on lab equipment such as Rotovaps, centrifuges, vacuum pumps, water baths, Millipore water systems, Incubators, laboratory refrigerators and medium sized stability chambers.
- Check-in and check-out service providers on-site
- Expedite service from OEM and third party service provides and execute escalation procedures as necessary
- Ensure required PM and validation calls are assigned as per SOW
- Review, verify, and confirm SAP and Maximo are in sync
- Coordination of instrument on-boarding and disposition to ensure full instrument lifecycle is managed
- Enter data into Maximo and/or SAP system, including work order and purchase order creation as well as accurate asset information
- Close completed service orders and monitor open service order to minimize delays in service
- Interact and communicate with client personnel via face-to-face, telephone, and email
- File and retrieve quality documents within auditable system
- Accountable for SAP and Maximo data integrity through Move-Add-Change Process (MAC) and continuous inventory checks
- Primary liaison for SAP and Maximo work order requests and tracking
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- AAS in Electronics, HVAC or Biomedical Equipment Technology.
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service via face-to-face, email and telephone
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests with different levels of urgency
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accurate data entry
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.