Software Architect – Senior Principal Software Engineer – Windows, C#
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Software Architect – Senior Principal Software Engineer on our Software Engineering team in Austin, TX to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
- Work with our internal partners (CTO Technologists, Product Management, and other Architects spanning software, firmware and hardware disciplines) to architect new and innovative solutions and experiences.
- Gather business requirements, drive product definition and influence prioritization for new features. Influence the hardware and firmware direction for features that span beyond software.
- Provide strong technical leadership in decisions when collaborating across multiple lines of business; including experience design, software product marketing, platform hardware teams, validation.
- Generate Intellectual Property to protect innovations.
- Mentor team members in design collaboration, code reviews, development tools and processes
- Take part in the full software development life cycle including architecture, development, test, continuous delivery and support
- Be an active member of an agile team, collaboratively realizing features through prototyping, refinement, development, test and delivery
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 12+ years of Windows Software development experience
- Strong Windows development/programming experience in C# (on .NET Framework/.NET Core) and usage of latest design patterns
- Experience with application frameworks such as WPF, UWP, Prism etc.
- Experience with native and cloud API integrations
- Experience interfacing with devices, peripherals, and firmware
- Experience with Security Development Lifecycle (SDL), including threat modeling
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, agility to adapt to technologies and processes quickly
- Experience with Intel and/or AMD system architectures
- Experience with Linux and/or Chrome OS
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
- Good vendor relationship skills with external partners
- Windows application installer experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.