Software Developer II
We are looking for passionate software engineers to work with our executive team, product managers and other engineers to develop scalable microservices that can meet both the functional and scaling needs of large retail companies in the supply chain space. Prior experience with supply chain concepts is not required – you will be amazed how much computer science and ML concepts overlap with supply chain ideas. You will work to develop both internal and customer-facing software that makes mission-critical decisions for some of the world’s largest retail companies as they move inventory from suppliers to warehouses to shippers to customers.
What You Will Do
- Develop, test and maintain software services and libraries used by our customers to run their supply chains and customer-facing businesses.
- Work interactively with executives and PMs to figure out the right path to solve customer problems.
- Document systems and code for use by other engineers on the team.
- Unit test and load test software that you have built to make sure it is correct and meets the performance and scale needs of our customers.
- Debug production issues and get our customers back up and shipping. Technologies & Techniques
- Willingness to learn about a new space and new ways of approaching it!
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
- Solid OOP background (preferably in Java), bonus for optimizing long-running REST services.
- Solid unit testing experience.
- Experience with processing both streaming and batch data.
- Experience with Relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems is a big bonus.
- We have openings for software engineers with a broad range of experience, from associate/midlevel to hardened professionals with decades of software development and design experience and everyone in-between.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field is helpful, but we also know that many people find their way to software engineering through alternate paths, so it’s not required.
Shipium helps eCommerce companies offer free and fast shipping, then keep their promise with supply chain technology.
We do this by providing world-class APIs and web-based applications that enable our customers to make use of modern supply chain methods without having to have a large team of developers.
Founded in 2019 by supply chain technology experts from Amazon and Zulily, the company is on a mission to help every eCommerce company provide its customers a great delivery experience while simultaneously reducing their costs to fulfill orders.
Our founders believe that the best products are built by teams with a variety of different perspectives. Some of the best developers, product managers, warehouse managers, and executives we have worked with didn't have the "expected" background for their role. We have known self-taught principal engineers whose prior job was packing books in an Amazon warehouse. We have worked with engineers who went on to found clothing companies in Africa. We have known CEOs and CTOs of billion-dollar companies who never graduated and PhDs who shouldn't be hired into the most junior roles.
All of these experiences have taught us that one of the most important things to have in a team is diversity. Different backgrounds bring different ideas and alternate perspectives into a team. We believe that great people who would be great employees are filtered out every day by larger companies who are doing searches for the "right" background. We are excited to discover your talents, meet you where you are and help you discover a great fit with us here at Shipium.