Software Engineer 2
Join us as a Software Engineer on our team based in Seattle (but you can work remote from anywhere in the contiguous US states) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact. As a Software Engineer, you will help shape the vision and deliver on the next generation of automation and tools for the NAS suite of products.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineer, you will be working at the cutting edge, designing and developing solutions protecting data everywhere from modern software-defined data centers to workloads running in hyperscale hybrid and public cloud environments.
- Design and implement automation solutions to enable test workflows in multi-cloud and on-prem environments.
- Focus on increasing the quality of code by reviewing, providing feedback, and improving solutions.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives, develop new software engineering processes, re-evaluate existing processes.
- Represent the organization on project teams and perform technical project leadership roles as needed. Sphere of influence is to extend outside of work group or department.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Min 1+ years of software engineering experience with a degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Python
- Familiar with Distributed Systems concepts and design
- Software Engineering fundamentals including extensive database knowledge, experience in CI/CD tools
- Experience with cross-team collaboration, risk and dependency management
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies
- Experience with Configuration Management (Salt, Puppet) is a plus
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.