The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Our embedded system management engineering team is responsible for the creation and delivery of industry leading software and service offerings for our PowerEdge server products. The team works closely with a world-class product management team in defining and road-mapping the offerings. We take pride in creating top market products which are unique, cutting-edge, and win the confidence of our customers.
Join us as a Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Round Rock, TX to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basing the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions. You will:
- Demonstrate your ability to design, implement and deliver industry leading embedded management solutions for our datacenter customers as a key member of our agile team.
- Take part in full software and firmware development lifecycle using defined software lifecycle methodologies including planning, development, test, deployment & support for integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC).
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members both locally and globally to deliver the best of the class software solutions to the server market.
- Participate in the preparation, review and evaluation of software requirements and specifications.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proficient in at least one programming language- C/C++ with Python/Bash scripting experience.
- Ability to design, implement, and debug user/kernel multi-threaded systems.
- Knowledge of software architectures and applications, algorithms and Data structures.
- Knowledge of server, storage, networking and client technologies.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related majors.
- 2–5 years of software development experience (1+ year with master’s degree).
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.