The role of the CTIO Software Engineer is to be a key member of a small and versatile advanced development team, where you design, develop, test, and demonstrate software solutions. Developers on this team typically work in pairs, employing an Extreme Programming (XP) style of execution designed to enforce shorter development and release cycles. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast paced, collaborative environment adopting the efficiencies of a Lean Agile process. The candidate would value working as a team and have the ability to leverage the opinions and expertise of their teammates to deliver well designed, quality code. The candidate upholds this level of quality by adhering to test driven development practices.
- Develop and design solutions to software engineering problems requiring frequent use of ingenuity and creativity
- Contribute as a team member to technical projects, architecture, research, and implementation of new technologies in a small collaborative startup-like environment
- Participate in and lead software development activities to help broaden Dell EMC’s intellectual property portfolio and influence future product roadmaps
- Projects may span multiple technological areas, including cloud-native infrastructure, machine learning, advanced data protection techniques, containers, microservices and open source software
- Collaborate with peers within Dell and Dell partners, enabling cross-company efforts
- Self-Motivated, Enthusiastic, Energetic and Passionate about technology and working as a part of a team.Strong communication skills and an ability to articulate technical vision while understanding business requirements, with the ability to debate and collaborate with other team members
- Technical skills in software engineering processes, methodologies and delivery. Including: Modern cloud-based software development tools, programming languages (and design patterns, and DevOps ecosystems
- Experience with process management and software deployment technologies
- Familiarity with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Cloud Foundry. Ability and Open Mindedness to quickly learn about new development methodologies and cutting-edge technologies in order to enable the team
- Experience in Extreme Programming (XP) . Familiarity with Data center technologies such as Storage, Networking, Data Protection and more knowledge of streaming protocols, Rest API development. Interest or experience in DevOps
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degreein Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalentExperience: 2+ years (Bachelor’s degree) or 0-3 years (Master’s degree) of software development, software architecture, or applied research
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.