Software Engineer-Platform Engineering-Search- SecureWorks- 100% Remote
We are a fully remote software engineering team working on the company’s next generation security platform. Our goal is to increase the security posture of all of our customers while building a collaborative and innovative engineering culture. We are a proud member of the Dell Technologies family and offer competitive benefit and compensation packages and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results.
The platform team focuses on backend service and tooling development for other teams and customers to use. We build performant GraphQL APIs using Golang and Kubernetes for different features of our product, creating and reviewing designs for new projects, building robust software that other teams and customers can use, and collaborating with other internal and external engineering teams to solve problems, as well as building our internal authorization systems. If there is backend work we are involved in one way or another – and our goal as a team is to raise the bar of engineering practices across the larger organization.
Our primary tech stack consists of Golang, Kubernetes, Postgres, and Elasticsearch, but we also use tools like ScyllaDB, Redis, Kafka, SQS, and various other AWS services as well.
Skills and Requirements
We expect to see:
- Minimum of 5 years of Software Development experience
- Solid programming skills in Golang with experience developing applications similar to our tech stack
- Strong understanding of database fundamentals
- Basic understanding of attacks like SQL Injection and how to prevent them
- Excellent problem solving skills and an ability to work through problems and get stakeholders and team mates to align
- Excellent debugging skills with the ability to walk from UI down to backend services and tracking where problems are happening
- Self motivating and self directed, great at communicating complex ideas with remote teams
What we like to see (but not required):
- Experience working with kubernetes and designing microservice applications
- Remote work experience with a geographically distributed team (currently we have teammates in PST to GMT time zones)
- Experience working with UI developers, product managers, and UX researchers
- Comfortable working knowledge of a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or similar
We are a remote first team and are geographically distributed across the US, Canada, and UK – we utilize tools like Mattermost, Google Meet and Zoom to facilitate communication and tools like Miro and Lucid Charts for diagramming and communicating ideas. We also believe in a strong work-life balance and providing support for team members to accomplish that. We are a family first company that values our team members and has benefits and a culture that will help them through important life events – such as taking care of family, parental leave, etc. We also value continuing education and skills development and have Tech Tuesdays where team members can present to the engineering organization, 3rd parties coming in and giving presentations, as well as training for services like AWS and Kubernetes.
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.