Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the Software Engineering Manager will create a positive and vibrant work environment where engineers feel challenged and engaged. They will ensure the smooth execution of complex deliverables by managing their team to remain focused on the ‘most important thing’ to bring value to our customers.
They should have a strong technical background; however, they will spend less time writing code, and more time identifying and clearing bottlenecks in the process and roadblocks to success for their teams. They will regularly collaborate with senior management and customers across strategic unit boundaries and lead in implementation of transformational changes in product application/focus areas, technology stacks, competencies, and strategy.
- Partner closely with the business, product, and other technology teams to deliver integrated solutions in a timely, efficient manager.
- Manage multiple product engineering teams composed of both FTEs as well as onshore and offshore vendor staff.
- Partner with the product owners to define both the near-term and long-term product roadmap.
- Work alongside Product/Engineering leadership to define and deliver on project resourcing strategy, as well as prioritization of work based on roadmap.
- Participate in feature reviews with product owners, designers, and software engineers
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Actively work alongside Product Management partners to manage and prioritize engineering initiatives, infrastructure changes, maintenance, and new feature requests
- Collaborate with peer teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Effectively act as the prime spokesperson of the engineering team
- Work to establish engineering strategies with a focus on quality
- Coach and mentor team members on career growth
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members.
- Evaluate team members performance including performance reviews
- Mentor junior engineers as they continue to grow in their careers and capabilities, while also providing structure to our senior team members as they work together to deliver compelling solutions.
- Establish and provide actionable direction to technical & project group’s strategic plans and objectives with management
- Manage key technical resources to achieve long-range technical objectives at critical points in the corporate decision-making process
- Facilitate understanding of new technological advances and provide business directions based on them
- Decide and act responsibly to uncover/resolve problems associated with the implementation of operational programs
- Act on understanding of the business to build a full customer focused strategy for a business unit or area based on forecasting customer needs
- Take ownership & responsibility for setting standards for quality and timeliness
- Proactively recognize opportunities and seek to create contributions to significant inventions, new designs and techniques regarded as disruptive advances in the industry to innovate product/services
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience and training), 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering, and at least 3 years’ experience in a lead role. Formal team leadership a plus
- Strong logical and problem-solving skills
- Superior and proven attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent teamwork and independent decision-making skills
- Prior experience in Microsoft technologies including .Net and SQL Server
- Prior experience in modern agile software methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and planning tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Projects the highest level of integrity while winning through a consultative and embracing personality
- Effective collaboration skills with remote associates from a global standpoint
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing, and software solutions exclusively focused on automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, but we’re also well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
So, what’s that mean for you? Through a technology-driven, consultative approach, we create a true partnership with our clients, tapping into exactly what they need to reach their unique goals, increase customer loyalty, and maximize revenue.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv Diversity Council (BRIDGE): Building Real Inclusion via Deliberate Growth and Empathy. BRIDGE is a group of progress-minded Affinitiv team members and leaders who have volunteered to jumpstart and lead our diversity, equality, and inclusion initiatives and strategies. We are a group of people from many different backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and life experiences.
We are advocates of diversity and celebrate the richness it brings to our company and culture. We champion inclusivity and strive to serve as a reflection of the customers and communities we represent.