The Medical Business at GSK is going through a transformation which will simplify processes and accelerate innovation. R&D Tech is at the forefront, working hand in hand with the business to deliver change via application of industry-leading technologies, a product-centric organizational structure and an agile delivery approach.
To support our mission, we are looking for an experienced Manager of R&D Technical Engineering for Med Tech who will contribute within and across product teams and will be accountable for the technical thought leadership, solution design, implementation & continuous improvement of R&D Tech Medical systems. This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, innovative and bold in designing solutions that translate into direct impact on the business and on patients.
The Engineer is a “T-Shaped” role demonstrating both depth and breadth across key engineer competencies e.g. Software Development, Testing, DevOps, Data Architecture, Data Analytics, Lifecycle Management, etc. and the ability to successfully collaborate with experts from other subject domains. In addition, this role will demonstrate core engineer knowledge/experience of industry technologies, practices and frameworks such as Test Automation tools, Cloud-based platforms, Containerization, and Data Exchange / Data Streaming Technologies.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities may include the following:
- Lead Agile teams in alignment with Agile and DevOps principles, partnering with Architecture Directors, Product Directors, Product Owners and others across R&D and Tech to deliver maximum value to our customers
- Support Product Owners to lead product teams to deliver value continuously, fostering and maintaining close links with customers, related Solution groups e.g. Established Products and Core Tech
- Contribute to release planning and Product roadmaps, partnering with Product Owners and Product Directors
- Accountable for continuous delivery of technology solutions, leveraging Agile and DevOps principles
- Proactively develop and deliver continuous improvement/simplification of Product portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Pro-actively engage in experimentation and innovation to drive relentless improvement e.g. to UX/DQ/DI and reducing technical debt/risk
- Contribute and align solutions to the Target Architecture working closely with Enterprise Architecture team
- Ensure that technical delivery is fully compliant with GSK Security, Quality and Regulatory standards
- Ensure use of relevant R&D Tech / central services and collaborating with service partners in identification and delivery of service improvements
- Ensure continuity of business execution i.e. operational support for relevant applications
- Author and maintain relevant technical documentation in support of the life-cycle plan for audits/reviews.
- Line and/or indirect management of up to 20 staff and 3rd party resources
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development, architecture design (e.g. SOA) & technology platforms/frameworks
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data engineering (ETL/ELT, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, SQL/NoSQL, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience programming in Python
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Azure Cloud – Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Server DB, Power BI
- Demonstrated experience with Agile Methodologies and Test Automation (Scrum/SAFe, JUnit/NUnit, Selenium, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps and CI/CD (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with testing strategies & frameworks, lifecycle/service management, business continuity
- Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Track record of development and delivery of flexible, innovative, scalable, rapidly evolving and supportable IT systems
- Demonstrated experience in delivering solutions that integrate commercial off-the-shelf products
- Knowledge of industry standards and technology platforms aligned to R&D roadmaps
- Experience in Agile development, DevOps & ITIL, relevant technology platforms [e.g. Kubernetes] and frameworks [e.g. Docker] including cloud technologies & data structures (i.e. information management), data models and/or relational database design
- Experience of Pharmaceuticals processes and systems, particularly those supporting Clinical or Medical
- Experience with dashboards, Data Visualization and/or Business Intelligence tools (ex: Power BI, Tableau, Qlik)
- Experience with security strategies and best practices, data integration mechanisms, architectural design tools, delivering and integrating COTS applications, areas of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Integration, Business Process Management and Data Quality.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.