The Software Manager will have experience in biomedical imaging algorithm development, is excited by solving challenging imaging problems, and is knowledgeable of the latest technology in the industry. Our team develops and evaluates 2D and 3D imaging solutions for operation with cutting edge biomedical imaging products.
- Lead/Manage a team of developers who are developing a microbiology image analytics platform including an Angular JS front end, backend analytics and SQL database
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
- Participate in active learning and knowledge sharing sessions with peers in the Technical Publications department
- Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Seek and provide feedback on design and development
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
- Help define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in Software development OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience in Software development OR PhD with 3+years of experience in Software development.
- 5+ years of experience in coding using MATLAB or “R”, and C++ to design, write, and test computer vision or pattern recognition algorithms
- 2 +years of experience in working on 2D image and 3D world geometry and their relationship
- 2 +years of Experience in low-level image processing (i.e. noise reduction, edge detection, morphological filtering, etc.)
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Issaquah, Washington
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Knowledge of Life Sciences domain
- Experience with Designing, developing and implementing visualization tools and advanced analysis modules for the Life Sciences High Content Screening domain
- Experience developing web based image viewing applications and imaging pipelines.
- Knowledge of database development/oversight and HL7 desirable.
- Knowledge of effective UI testing frameworks
- Understanding of UX principles and best practice
- Solid understanding of the .NET Framework
- Knowledge of newer ideologies including GIT, Gradle, NoSQL ( Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB )
- 2D and 3D Image Processing (GPU and/or experience writing multi-threaded applications)
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, translating and integrating OpenCV algorithms into applications
- Ability to produce novel, but mathematically defensible, approaches to problems
- Ability to make adaptations to existing approaches to improve practicality of deployment while still maintaining accurate algorithm performance
- Ability to independently and successfully implement cutting edge algorithms as demonstrated in the research literature
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- AngularJS is a big plus.
- Rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Influences through others; builds direct and “behind the scenes” support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Coaching experience to help grow the passion and talent of the team
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new coding languages / domains in order to ensure quality design of all stacks of the software development. Examples are: Web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data),Web development using HTML, Java Script, jQuery. Java OSGi modules and using an OSGi container, Play framework,
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting-edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world.GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.