Software PrincipalEngineer– Data Engineering - Remote
Join us as a SoftwarePrincipalEngineer on our Engineering Development team based in Hopkinton, MA (Boston area), , WA, or Austin, TX to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Remote is an option in the US.
What you’ll achieve
As a SoftwarePrincipalEngineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage environments
- Prepare, review and evaluate software/storage specifications for products and systems
- Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems/for storage products and systems
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Strong development skills with programming languages such as Java, Rust, Golang, Python and C/C++;
- Track record of software development projects and experience with tools such as compilers, IDEs and systems for version control (e.g., git);
- Experience with data systems: analytics (e.g., Apache Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive), streaming (e.g., Apache Flink, Spark, Kafka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ), security and governance (e.g., ApacheRanger, Sentry, Knox, Atlas), catalogs (e.g., Collibra, Talend, Alation, DataHub), data and table formats (e.g., Apache Parquet, ORC, Avro, Iceberg, Delta Lake), quality (e.g., Apache Griffin), distributed query engines and databases (e.g., Presto, Dremio, Apache Pinot, Apache Druid, Oracle, Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery);
- Ability to learn new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience.
- 3+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree, 2+ years with a Master’s degree
- Familiarity with storage technologies,e.g., distributed file systems (HDFS), object stores (S3).
- Familiarity with cloud offerings, including any of the major cloud providers, e.g., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with virtualization, and in particular, with containers and management of containerized applications, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, VSphere, Tanzu, Openshift, Kubespray.
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.