Software QA Automation Engineer
PerkinElmer is seeking a Software QA Automation Engineer to join our team. If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career; look no further.
- Create, update, maintain and execute automated test suites for various applications and APIs
- Integrate test framework with CI/CD systems
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and technologies
- Work as a member of the scrum team including planning, estimating, and verifying user stories and acceptance criteria
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers)
- Become a user expert on how our products work, gaining an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses; and championing customer issues in order to ensure they have a positive experience.
- Help determining the testability of a product or design
- Computer Science and/ or Science-based Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience qualifying Web Applications and web service API’s.
- Experience with automation tools/frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience working with Cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure) and testing microservices.
- Experience working with Jenkins, Gitlab CI, or AWS CodePipeline
- Experience testing systems at a large scale (Performance, Stress, Load testing etc.) is an asset
- Excellent understanding of Quality Assurance life cycle, methodologies and best practices
- Experience working with cross functional team to identify priority of features to be automated
- Experience in test documentation, defect analysis, tracking and reporting
- Experience in BDD test cases
- Experience in Life Sciences or Healthcare is a plus
- Good English, written and verbal
- Passion for quality, creating new solutions and change
- Strong emphasis on learning quickly and staying current with new technologies
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work within a multi-site, multicultural team
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.