Software Quality and Automation Engineer 2
Join us as a Software Quality Engineer on our Software Quality/Automation Engineering team in Hopkinton, MA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Quality and Automation Engineer, you will develop, revise, and maintain test plans, test cases and automated test scripts that include resource requirements, schedule assumptions and scope based on pre-determined product requirements.You will work withProduct Development, Product Management and the Customer Support teams toensure product quality and customer satisfaction. You will collaborate to develop comprehensive test plans across Dell’s product portfolio. You will also drive continual process improvements for the evolution of testing procedures and their future replication.
- Provide solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Understand and adhere to cost/delivery/quality targets established during regression and testing phase
- Contribute to test automation activities by coding and programming in Cypress languages
- Follow standard engineering/test practices and use judgment within defined practices and procedures
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 3-5 Years of experience in enterprise level software testing and automation.
- Experience in Automation using Cypress or Selenium or Perl or Java
- Experience in test design, implementation, and maintenance of a test environment.
- Experience in software or network domain to develop appropriate test methodologies.
- Knowledge of load, performance, scale testing.
- Knowledge in CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Problem solving skills and advanced grasp of big picture impact of problems
- Knowledge of version control, bug tracking systems (Git, JIRA)
- Familiarity with scripting languages, Perl or Shell Scripting in open systems
- Understanding of SCRUM methodology
- Understanding of Storage and Data protection domain
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject & 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Master’s degree in relevant subject & 1 to 3 years of related experience
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.