The Platform Infrastructure Test Team is looking for a software development engineer in test (SDET) to break things before our customers do. The team is responsible for testing our product as a Platform and the team covers a wide range of areas including hardware, firmware, platform configuration, drive subsystem, nvram, enclosure management and platform infrastructure. Validation engineers in this team work closely with the developers by validating product specifications, writing test plans, and designing and implementing test automations to ensure a high quality platform release.
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Engineering groups & senior management, voluntarily shares information.
- Perform required tests in a self-directed manner, anticipate issues, and modify procedures as necessary.
- Offer proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and procedures, involved in product planning as it relates to quality standards.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction.
- Develops solutions to complex problems, which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Write and implement test plans for validation of Platform Infrastructure.
- Develop feature level tests into an automation test framework.
- 3+ years hardware or software testing experience.
- General knowledge and application of engineering concepts and understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
- Fully competent in hardware or software testing methodologies.
- Experience with storage systems and networking concepts.
- Experience with UNIX or FreeBSD and bash, zsh, Perl, Python scripting languages desired.
- Experience with software build environments and software build process, including exposure to makefiles.
- Experience with Bugzilla and/or Git is a plus.
- Previous experience testing mass storage systems, disk subsystems, BSD file systems, drive firmware and hardware health monitoring highly desired
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.